Thread: This is my latest creation

Default This is my latest creation

This is my latest creation, let me know if you think it would work well in real life:

http://www.vimeo.com/15743865

Its an extremely complex effect.

I've added a bit of trance just as a random background to make viewing it more interested. Super8 & Tab "Black is the new Yellow" in case your wondering.

This isn't one I'm going to release publically but I have a few others I may put on the FTP. I can't test though so you'll have to let me know if ok.

As most are based on existing beam effects I don't forsee any scanner isuues.

Looks cool - go for it!

(Audio "ain't bad", either!! )
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Colours are too busy...
    Shape too simple, but effective...

You could make that in LivePro in about 8 seconds...

Sorry!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Question

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    You could make that in LivePro in about 8 seconds...
    8 seconds in LivePro? Really? I've got LivePro, and I'm not sure I could pull that off in 5 minutes, let alone 8 seconds.

It's much more than a simple color-cycle effect. It looks like the fan starts out as a single color and then it transitions to a single rainbow effect, then it multiplies several times until you have at least 4 iterations of the rainbow colors repeating throughout the fan...

You're sure you can set that up in LivePro in 8 seconds? Because if you can, I'd love to learn how... Please post details!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 10-12-2010 at 14:15. Reason: typo

Default LaserGraph DSP prog

Entry 0
    SetColorBuffer 0
    TimeLoop
    CopyColorBuffer 0
    Initposition (make line scroll from top to buttom)
    ColorCycle
    DisplayImage (make a line in graphic editor save it and load it in)
    EndLoop
    Goto 0

Here we go. Not 8 seconds but no more then minute.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

It porbably can be done fairly quickly in Live Pro but you're right Adam, its not as simple as it looks.

With every step of the fan the colours are multipying and switching places. The size of the individual fan elements are not equal either, some are wide and some narrow and again they're switching around. After the 1/2 way point the same occurs but in reverse ie they're still switching but reducing until at the highest point you're back to a single segment coloured fan which is where you started at the bottom.

I'm not saying its massively difficult to achieve, but there's a lot more changing than when 1st meets the eye when you look carefully as its number of segments, width of segments, colour of segments progating upwards in number to the mid point then reversing but even I'm not sure its identical here as it reduces back down again using the same variables.

Overall I'm not sure how this will look on display, but the idea was to create a really intense effect that was mesmerising and an attack on the senses.

Would it not look better Al if you showed the result from your projector?

Looks nice.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Would it not look better Al if you showed the result from your projector?

Looks nice.
    It would but I don't have one (unfortunately)!!

Its now available to download in a seperate thread : http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...w-for-Download