Thread: help with my laser build

Question help with my laser build

i have completed my laser up to the point i have the green diode aimed straight into the scanner mirrors through a green dichro and the red diode is reflected off of the green dichro into the scanner mirrors. so now i want to add a blue casio diode between the red diode and the scanner mirrors so what dichro will i need and where is a good place to buy it.
    thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by tommylee333 View Post
    i have completed my laser up to the point i have the green diode aimed straight into the scanner mirrors through a green dichro and the red diode is reflected off of the green dichro into the scanner mirrors. so now i want to add a blue casio diode between the red diode and the scanner mirrors so what dichro will i need and where is a good place to buy it.
    thanks and God bless.
    You need a reflect blue dichro. Unfortunately there are currently no "Cheap" 445nm dichros avaliable yet but you can most definately use a reflect 473nm dichro for your application. You will get some losses but it will not matter in your situation due to the power levels you are dealing with on your green and red. Marc at CT lasers can hook you yp with a 473 dichro. Here's a link. https://www.ctlasers.com/purchases/d...ters-p-53.html

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    You need a reflect blue dichro. Unfortunately there are currently no "Cheap" 445nm dichros avaliable yet but you can most definately use a reflect 473nm dichro for your application. You will get some losses but it will not matter in your situation due to the power levels you are dealing with on your green and red. Marc at CT lasers can hook you yp with a 473 dichro. Here's a link. https://www.ctlasers.com/purchases/d...ters-p-53.html
    What about the dichro from casio projector?? I cut them in half and sell for 10$ a pop.

^^ What he said

There are loads floating around from all the dismantled projectors. You can get about 6 10mm/sq from each one.

One thing you may need to check is whether your existing reflect red/pass green dichro is any good with 445. The first one I had passed 473 very well but reflected 90% of 445

For a new projector build, I would probably try to use pass blue reflect red/green dichros if there are any suitable ones that aren't too expensive.

Default reflect

i have a reflect red and pass green dichro already. thats how i have my projector set up. and now i want to add the blue. i thought i would put the blue in front and use the dichro that comes with the casio projectors to reflect the blue and pass the green and red do you know if this will work.
    thanks and God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    For a new projector build, I would probably try to use pass blue reflect red/green dichros if there are any suitable ones that aren't too expensive.
    God Bless.

I don't know anything about the dichros in those projectors. Sorry.

Do a search for Dan's original group buy thread, he details what the dichros are in there.

I have mine set up with red nearest the scanners, then green, then blue on the end through a pass blue, reflect green dichro.
    The pass green/blue reflect red dichro is one of the old Laserwave dichros, the new ones reflected most of the 445