Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FlexMod - LOAD

Cool FlexMod - LOAD

Hi Again, I just got in my FlexMod's in and want to build a test JIG. I know I can use a diode. but what other sources can I use to make it think it is a diode on the end for testing and easy setup? Trying to make it E-A-S-Y. What have you done to make it easy? Any help would be great. Thanks Guys, John
    Last edited by santanas; 10-13-2010 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Hi Again, I just got in my FlexMod's in and want to build a test GIG. I know I can use a diode. but what other sources can I use to make it think it is a diode on the end for testing and easy setup? Trying to make it E-A-S-Y. What have you done to make it easy? Any help would be great. Thanks Guys, John
    What's wrong with diodes ?
    They are cheap, readily available, have a silver stripe at one end and their voltage drops are easy to measure on a DMM so you know how many to put in series to match your proposed LD voltage.
    You can't get much easier than that !

Or maybe I am misunderstanding the question.

Cheers

Just thought I would open other Ideas besides blowing up 405's I found the 445nm to me more complient and can take a screwup. Not that any one has blown up any diodes and yes diodes are getting cheaper and not 6 feet long laser boxes needed Thanks JH
    Last edited by santanas; 10-13-2010 at 08:22.

Just in case you missed it, he was referring to zener diodes

You can put about 3 or 4 in series to simulate 405 and 445nm diodes, and I think its 2 or 3 for a IR or red diode.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Just in case you missed it, he was referring to zener diodes

You can put about 3 or 4 in series to simulate 405 and 445nm diodes, and I think its 2 or 3 for a IR or red diode.

Oops! thanks Things

Should get some sleep soon I think.... this morning I have made three or four blunders

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Just thought I would open other Ideas besides blowing up 405's I found the 445nm to me more complient and can take a srewup. Not that any one has blown up any diodes and yes diodes are getting cheaper and not 6 feet long Thanks JH
    I know I need sleep .... but what on earth are you driving with a Fleximod that is 6ft long ???

Ahaa ! Fleximods.....Flexmods ... you are testing beam adjustors ?

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 10-12-2010 at 04:47. Reason: Lack of sleep... duhhh!

Flexmods are current sources. You can just use a resistor, or short them with a test meter. That's what I do. The voltage drop isn't relevant to their regulation as long as you're supplying enough volts on the input rail.

If you want you can use a test load like this:

http://stonetek.org/shop/index.php?m...roducts_id=223

Is that what your looking for

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Flexmods are current sources. You can just use a resistor, or short them with a test meter. That's what I do. The voltage drop isn't relevant to their regulation as long as you're supplying enough volts on the input rail.
    I have been using the same method (not using a load) and it's worked fine for testing my flexmods so far...

1 ohm resistor across the output is what I use to measure my output before hooking up the Laser Diode.