Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS-400RGB - Cutting Out

Default CS-400RGB - Cutting Out

I think I have a problem with my CS-400RGB, which until this evening has worked perfectly since buying it new about three weeks ago.

The laser was in use for about an hour this evening before the problem started. Although I can still hear the fan running, some other noise, which assume to be the galvos, stops while the laser goes off. Then, after a count of about 10, the noise starts again, and the laser comes on again for another count of 10 - this cycle then repeats.

Sometimes the pattern selected in Pangolin Quickshow is displayed during the 'on' period, but others it looks like it's doing target hits in random out-of-area places. Also, the laser will not show the ILDA test pattern - it clicks and flashes, but fails to display the pattern.

I'm assuming this isn't normal behaviour.

I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks,
    Martyn.
    Last edited by MPSUK; 10-14-2010 at 13:00. Reason: Format

Now i can start a rant about the poor quality of Laserworld projectors, the fact that they most of the time never reach the output power you are promised etc, but the forum is full of that (use the search....or rather don't..)

This is not normal behaviour, if you only got it for 3 weeks and used it for only 1 hour total i would return it as soon as possible for repair (or better yet, a full refund and then buy a proper laser, but that's just mean...)
    No you're right it isn't normal behaviour so have them check it, if it was ok before something is wrong, what is very hard to determine from here.

But be warned, the most horrific stories about laserworld are on PL, people having to pay to get the projector repaired (even under warranty!!!) etc... So if there is a chance to get a refund, try to get that.

And last, but not least, fill in your location so people that are local good be of help/assist/advice..... it really helps !

kind regards,
    Dimitri
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Thanks for your reply.

For clarification, I've used it for more than an hour since I've had it - but I'd only used it for an hour this evening before the problems started.

I'd say it's had light use (pardon the pun) since I've had it - maybe 2, 2-hour sessions per week.

I've heard that LaserWorld lasers don't always have the output they're supposed to. To be honest, I'm not entirely bothered, provided it makes enough light in the space in which it's installed and it does (or at least, it did).

I live in the UK, where we have Distance Selling Regulations, so if it is faulty I am assured a refund from the dealer - or if all else fails, my credit card company - but I'm hoping it won't come to that. I've emailed the dealer, and I await his response.

I've filled in my location and other details on my profile - thanks for the suggestion.

Whilst writing, what would you suggest a 'proper laser' is..? I'm a novice at this, so if you could suggest something of similar spec I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
    Martyn.

sounds like a failing/overloaded switching power supply

.... which isn't suppose to happen so soon after you bought it...

But the reason i asked to fill in your location is that we have multiple excellent sellers on the forum as well, not people that shove boxes for money, but give you good stuff at a nice price.

For instance in the US there is CT Lasers (Marc), in Australia we have Dave.
    But since your located in the UK i can highly recommend user Stanwax on this forum (Rob).
    He has a lot of knowledge, is UK based, i buy almost all my stuff from him and i don't even live in the UK haahah....
    His website is http://www.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/

Also visiting a LEM can be a shower of information, you'll meet likeminded people and everybody shares there info/knowledge etc...

So contact Rob if you want to know what i mean by "proper laser equipment"

You won't regret it !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

so if it is faulty I am assured a refund from the dealer

Hahahahaha.....

Hahahahahahaha....

No really, hahahahahahaha.

Perhaps after you've paid the shipping back to Germany, and they've applied a 10% restocking feee because 'they found no fault upon receipt', you may get 'some' money back.

Your PCB is toast if not the power supply as well. Send it back to the dealer and accept nothing less than a full replacement. Bad PCB's can do wild amounts of damage while they are running.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSUK View Post
    I live in the UK, where we have Distance Selling Regulations, so if it is faulty I am assured a refund from the dealer - or if all else fails, my credit card company - but I'm hoping it won't come to that. I've emailed the dealer, and I await his response.
    Provided it applies to oversees purchases.

Whilst writing, what would you suggest a 'proper laser' is..? I'm a novice at this, so if you could suggest something of similar spec I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
    Martyn.
    1. Get one of the people listed above in HobbyBob's post to build you one.

2. Build one yourself using quality parts eg Laserwave lasers, DT Scanners etc

3. Buy quality eg Kvant. However this last option will cost an arm and a leg!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

...I've heard that LaserWorld lasers don't always have the output they're supposed to. To be honest, I'm not entirely bothered, ....
    You sound like the exact demographic that LaserWorld like to sell to.

Good luck with your attempted refund but I suspect you'll be posting more tales of woe soon.

I've heard that LaserWorld lasers don't always have the output they're supposed to.

Most part of times this could be true
    Just for record.... Long times ago I bought PRO400RGY projector.
    I measured its output power...
    445mW (CNI) of red at 650nm and 115mW (CNI) of green at 532nm.
    Total power: declared=400mW; measured 560mW!!!
    I think this is only just a "lucky factor"....

When (long long long times ago...) I bought CS800RGY, found inside:
    - 2 barrel red diode 2 x 120mW at 660nm (crap diodes...)
    - n°1 green diode 105mW at 532nm
    Total power: 120 + 120 +105 = only 345mW...... holy cow!!!

I already guess you obvious question.....Where the missing 445mW has gone?
    Who knows?
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps