Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flexmod 3 Wiring

Question Flexmod 3 Wiring

are you supposed to run a wire from the + input voltage to the interlock connection before trying to set the current on the flexmod 3? and what do you short the Modulation wire to to set the current?
    Thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

to set the bias Voltage you will short the input mod. wires together (+ to -)

and if you want to bypas the Interlock you short the V+ to interlock. Yes, you will need to do that becasue the FM3 looks for that closed circuit before firing the output to your diode.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Default thanks

thanks for your quick reply and God bless.
    God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by tommylee333 View Post
    thanks for your quick reply and God bless.
    Also, don't forget it takes 7 seconds after the interlock voltage is supplied before the FS starts to output.

Question

i did everything you said and i set the bias current to 100. and now when i hook up the 5 volt modulation supply to the + modulation and the _ voltage wire the heat sink gets really hot.
    i am using a 12 volt power supply to run it with it came with an external dvd burner i had it is 12 volts and 3 amps.why is the heat sink getting so hot thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

i did everything you said and i set the bias current to 100. and now when i hook up the 5 volt modulation supply to the + modulation and the _ voltage wire the heat sink gets really hot.
    i am using a 12 volt power supply to run it with it came with an external dvd burner i had it is 12 volts and 3 amps.why is the heat sink getting so hot thanks and God bless.
    Which heatsink? for the flexmod?

Default heat sink

yes the heat sink that comes with the flexmod 3 it is a small one.
    God Bless.

yes the heat sink that comes with the flexmod 3 it is a small one.
    At 100mA it should be moderately warm but definately not hot. At 1A it will run hot but keep it under 125F. The stock HS that comes with the FM3 is not good enough for running a 445 diode at full current IMOH.

Question 300evil

i set the 0bias at 100ma is that right?
    i'm not sure what the gain is set to, because when i hook up the 5 volt modulation, it goes higher than my amp meter will go.
    my amp meter only goes to 400ma, then at that point the next setting is 20 amps on my volt meter.
    do i need a different heat sink? and if so how big of a heat sink do you recomend?
    God Bless.

i set the 0bias at 100ma is that right?
    i'm not sure what the gain is set to, because when i hook up the 5 volt modulation, it goes higher than my amp meter will go.
    my amp meter only goes to 400ma, then at that point the next setting is 20 amps on my volt meter.
    do i need a different heat sink? and if so how big of a heat sink do you recomend?
    100mA is a little high for a 445 diode but will be fine. You wil get a little dim blue on your blanked points. I'd suggest like 20-50mA on your bias. If your meter will only register 400mA, I'd try cranking it down the gain until it doesn't peg the meter.

The stock heatsink is probobly fine around 400mA. You really don't need any more power for your RGB rig but if you go over say 600mA I'd suggest mounting the FM3 transistor to a thick aluminum baseplate or some other large thermal mass. Just keep the transistor under 125F. It should be cool enough you can leave your finger on it without getting burned.