Thread: 445 Dichro is this thr right color to reflect the blue casio diode?

Question 445 Dichro is this thr right color to reflect the blue casio diode?

is this the right color to pass red and green and then reflect blue?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Laser-diode-dich...item255dbb6950
    the way i have my laser is like this.
    i have the green all the way in the back and it is aimed straight at the mirrors, and it goes thru a green dichro, and the red is aimed at the dichro at a 45 degree angle, and the dichro is reflecting the red into the mirrors.
    and i want to put the blue in front of both of them and so i will need a dichro to pass the red and green and to reflect the blue into the mirrors.
    thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

I would contact One Stop Laser Shop directly and make sure you're getting the right one.

Fred & Amanda are VERY helpful, great folks!

http://www.onestoplasershop.com/home.htm

Your setup, which is what most of us are using, requires a "Reflect blue, pass green and red" dichro. So you'll need the right wavelength dichro, and the right size to fit whatever mounts you are using.

They can hook you up, along with Marc at CT Lasers.

Good luck with your build!

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the OSLS high quality (99%) reflect blue dichro does very well with 445. i *think* the dichros they sell on ebay are the lower quality (85%) version. confirm with fred. i'm just a satisfied customer.

high quality is a little more expensive, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I would contact One Stop Laser Shop directly and make sure you're getting the right one.

Your setup, which is what most of us are using, requires a "Reflect blue, pass green and red" dichro. So you'll need the right wavelength dichro, and the right size to fit whatever mounts you are using.

They can hook you up, along with Marc at CT Lasers.

Good luck with your build!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    the OSLS high quality (99%) reflect blue dichro does very well with 445.
    And what about passtrough? the old laserwave dichro where also perfect in reflect, but totaly crap in passtrough.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    And what about passtrough? the old laserwave dichro where also perfect in reflect, but totaly crap in passtrough.
    *very* quick and dirty using a laserbee and only the vaguest attempt at angle tuning and not cleaned.

combined R (660) +G (532) in: 455mW
    combined R (660) +G (532) out: 420mW

92.3% transmission.

B (445) pre-reflection: 356mW
    B (445) post-reflection: 351mW

98.6% reflection.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

hmm, with a average price of $2,5/mW for 640nm red and $1,5/mw for green 532nm I think its wise to look for better dichro's.

With a 2W projector (lets say 500mW 445nm, and 1W red and 500mW green) you will loose $192,- worth of red and $58,= worth of green.

A total loss off $250,- worth of precious laser power on only the blue dichroic!

I would shoot an email or give a call to One Stop. There may be some transmission differences between 660 and 640.

i would also trust their stats more than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    hmm, with a average price of $2,5/mW for 640nm red and $1,5/mw for green 532nm I think its wise to look for better dichro's.

With a 2W projector (lets say 500mW 445nm, and 1W red and 500mW green) you will loose $192,- worth of red and $58,= worth of green.

A total loss off $250,- worth of precious laser power on only the blue dichroic!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    I would shoot an email or give a call to One Stop. There may be some transmission differences between 660 and 640.

i would also trust their stats more than mine.
    I wish I could get a real measurment of pass reflect, however I can say OSLS 98% most expensive dichros beat two other common brands that I had. Just swapping dicros gained me output of the final window nearly 315mw more than I had previous. 1.2XW to over 1.5W

John
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post

I will second this!

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Smile thanks

i'll give them a call thanks and God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I will second this!

chad
    God Bless.