10 100.00%
  • ScanPro 30 Scanners

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick scanner survey

Default Quick scanner survey

I'm building Projector # 2 -

Setup primarily for beams annd some simple graphics;
    1, possibly 2 colors ("Jolly green" plus 445 - maybe)

Scanners available -
    DT-25 or ScanPro 30.

Recommendations?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Honestly if you can save up for a while longer I would get the DT-40W. Especially if this is going to be a beam machine. Big huge scan angles for beams are great. I wish they made a DT-25w.

To answer your question I would probably go with the DT-25
    .02c
    Chad
    Last edited by chad; 10-13-2010 at 09:04. Reason: I should have said DT-25 and not DT 20

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I would probably go with the DT-20
    That's a different beast altogether!

(p.s. I've been very pleased with DT-25's, DT-40W's and now DT-20H's. All 3 sets faultless in every way!)
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Sorry I meant to say the DT-25..

oops
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I'm a big fan of the DT25's because of the combined driver. More than enough performance for beam shows, and can go quite wide if you scan at 15-17kpps (which is lovely and visible and more than enough for most beam stuff)

The DT 25s were verypopular with me as a seller and with my customers due to the single drive as Norty pointed out. Its just a shame they are no longer available
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yes the DT25 are (were) awesome- I don't know why they would have discontinued such a great little scan set. Maybe we can get the manufacturer to revive them, or an incarnation of them They are great for mini projectors, where space is ultra tight.
    I was hoping for a more sinister post (see postcount) but I guess this will have to do
    -Mike

They have not actually become obselete the problem was that an un-named third party designed the driver card (fab job he did too!) and allowed DT to sell them as DT25 - and said third party sold them under their own brand (and continues to do so). The third party had issues with me and I beleive DZ when he was selling them and gave DT stick over it. I was moaned at on more than one occasion because I was selling for less than the agreed U$ dollars price. I pointed out that I sold in pounds and that I wasnt gonna change my price daily as the $-£ rate wacked all over the shop and at that time it was up and down like Kate Mosses knickers. This actually meant that sometimes I was selling at much above the agreed price! Plus I didnt know from one day to the next how much I would make on them due to the exch rate - but I didn't sulk in a corner and throw my dummy I just held my price stable in good old Queens Pound Sterling.
    DT decided it wasnt worth the hassle so pulled them from sale as DT branded product - cant say I blame DT for this but I would have been happy to talk to the third party about it to smooth try and things over but he prefered to moan at me by proxy.
    Thats not a definitive set of facts but how I saw it unfold from my end.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks for the recap Rob- that's great that there is at least some potential for future availability.
    -Mike

Thanks for the input guys -
    Looks like this projector gets the DT-25's.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....