Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen of used this driver before?

Default Anyone seen of used this driver before?

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

That's been out for awhile. I haven't used it but I did use the previous version which was a single driver on a board. I am not sure about this newer version with 3 on a single board but I didn't like the old one because it was bulky, it ran hot, and I didn't like the way the current value was set.

I would really like to see Robin create a board with 3 die4drives on it.

Hi, I have seen this for about 3 years and did look like an item for stock. They must have sold some. Tempting but no cigar. Cheers. JH

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    That's been out for awhile. I haven't used it but I did use the previous version which was a single driver on a board. I am not sure about this newer version with 3 on a single board but I didn't like the old one because it was bulky, it ran hot, and I didn't like the way the current value was set.

I would really like to see Robin create a board with 3 die4drives on it.
    agreed and tec hot and cold support built in
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I've got one of these boards half constructed.

When the FlexMods were out of stock for some time I decided to try one. I got as far as completing one channel with only the current setting to go. This is done using one, two or three resistors. I made a simple test rig to try out various combos of resistors. I couldn't seem to get anything out of it, the FlexMod P3s became available and this board became less important.

The instructions that come with it could be better as I found them to be slightly ambiguous. I did have some correspondence with the seller who was very helpful.

I have a project I intend to use it for, so I'll eventually get back to figuring it out.
    Last edited by taggalucci; 04-21-2011 at 03:02. Reason: Typo

There was a guy on LBF that had used this but was blowing diodes with it for some reason. Not sure if there is any significant protection built in.

You should probably remove that. I don't think Norm would be happy that you posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    You should probably remove that. I don't think Norm would be happy that you posted it.
    deleted, though it is nothing special and a simple circuit that can be pulled out of the electronic cookbook volumes. I'll scan the page and post it instead.

And at the price of $75 it is easier to just buy it than try to build duplicate it.

The circuit does the job, but has several short comings IMO.

The price is nice and it works, but wasn't for me.
    Last edited by polishedball; 10-13-2010 at 16:31.
    leading in trailing technology

An update...

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    I couldn't seem to get anything out of it
    User error!

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    The instructions that come with it could be better as I found them to be slightly ambiguous.
    The instructions continued to prove to be ambiguous. But with some guess work and a scope, I figured it out. I will give Norm my feedback on where the instructions need work.

I have 2 of 3 channels working as expected. One channel is not behaving well and I need to get in touch with Norm to see if he can help me figure it out.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Default I'll vouch for Norm.

I've dealt with Norm on several occasions over the past three years, he's very helpful and responsive to communication.
    I'd also guess if there was a problem with any of his kit, he would put it right he's also open to suggestions to improve his products.
    I've always been curious about his Framestreamer DAC's, as I used to (still have) 5 of his Parallel port dacs..

Anyway, Norm is a good bloke.

Cheers,

Nige.