Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone seen of used this driver before?

All good, got it working The isolation pads that came with the kit are rubbish. The heat sunk components generate a lot of heat and this caused a loss of isolation. I've replaced the isolation pads with a more rugged type.

My previous experience dealing with Norm was great, so no issues there. Norm's email address no longer works (well at least the one I have and is on his Norm's Laser Show website). So I'm glad I figured it out myself

I'll post more on this driver when I have some further experience with it.

You could make your own just by looking up high side or low side fet driver. no protections on it but it will work and cost $5.00 Do a little diode clamping and you should be ok.

Best bet is to just wait for the p3. I have used 200.00 drivers and I tell you his are better.

I've completed my basic build using this driver with two LPC-815s, one 200mW 532nm pointer core and one A140. The driver works perfectly fine for a cheap build and seems to modulate well enough to get good colour depth across the spectrum. Even the pointer core seems to modulate quite well being directly driven off the board.

It produces an excessive amount of heat though.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    It produces an excessive amount of heat though.
    What is your supply voltage? If you're runing 12VDC you may want to go down to 8-9VDC.

8VDC at around 2.2A