Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eastern NC Laser People

Default dates for this LEM

hi i need some ideas on dates, to get rates. we could stay at this camp dorm style sleeping, but clean and nice it would be cost effective. their is a common area
    that we could run shows small kitchen and a shower per room 4 bunks to room.
    latter jeff

Sounds interesting. I assume this is some sort of summer camp place or something?

I am pretty flexible on the dates as long as it is within a few hours driving distance. If it will be longer then I would need to do some scheduling. Where is this place you are thinking of?

Smile

Hey Jeff;

This place you're talking about sounds pretty cool. Where is it located? (Are we talking closer to Lexington or closer to Asheville?)

I was thinking that maybe late January or early February would be good, unless the location is in the mountains. (Don't want to do it during the peak of snow season!)

Adam

Default hows april

i am working with a local event on the 30th of april 2011. get-revived.com
    the week end of the 22nd and 23rd we could have a bit of fun. the venue is campwj.com. there are a lot of great things about the venue and all the cost goes
    to the kids summer camp.
    gas lasers will be welcome
    checking to make sure there are no conflicts with the date will know more next week
    jeff

That's only an hour or two from where live so I can make it. What kind of facilities are there?
    Last edited by JohnYayas; 12-18-2010 at 03:02.

Lightbulb

Well Ive got moble 3 phase Thats good for Spectra's, Lexels, and Coherent
    Also Im in for the meet in april!! Hope to have something new to bring to the table

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    That's only an hour or two from where live so I can make it. What kind of facilities are there?
    I talked with Jeff about this in Knoxville, and he said he'd be checking with the venue owners after C-mas. But he did have some details:

Basically they've got large "cabins" all over the campus. Each cabin has 15 rooms inside. Each room has two single beds and a private bathroom. Plus there is a large open area in the middle (common room) that we could use to set up lasers and computers.

There are also a couple cabins that have open-bay bunk beds in them (think boot camp), but I think people would rather have the separate rooms.

The idea is that we could have the place for the weekend. So we run lasers all the time, and when you get tired, you go crash. But the fun continues throughout the night... If I remember correctly, the cost would be fairly reasonable too...

There is also a large outdoor area with a roof over it. It's about the size of a basketball court, and the two long ends of the area are open to outside. Not sure if we could use that space or not though. (There is 3 phase power near there, along with water, but it's outside, so that would make containing any fog very difficult, even with the roof in place.)

Adam

Count me in on this one too...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Sounds like laser camp. I'll be there at least part of the time. Sounds like we'll need to bring our bug spray. Maybe we can put insecticide in the fog machines.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    Count me in on this one too...

--DDL
    Awesome!!
    And ill give you some monster light board time too
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt