Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eastern NC Laser People

Default Eastern NC Laser People

I'll be moving to Raleigh really really soon. I was wondering how many people are in the driving area. It would be nice to have a LEM in the area that is on a smaller scale than SELEM and not as far away as FLEM. 3Phase and water isn't really required for the core activities going on so that makes it easier to find a place to have it. Anyway, I am not proposing anything right now... just seeing who is around there that might be interested in such a thing.

Smile

I'd be up for one. DJ Matt, RGB-Gas, and Dream Beamz are all within an hour or so of Raleigh, so I'm sure they'd be up for it too.

Truthfully, I've been thinking about trying to organize something in NC after the first of the year. Something small (like a FLEM). Not sure yet where I could do it though, apart from the large SELEM venue (which is expensive).

Adam

We're also trying to come up a weekend for mini LEM on this side of the mountains.
    (Although it would still be a bit of a haul for you Eastern NC guys)

KnoxLEM I should be happening sometime between now and Christmas -
    Stay tuned for details...
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-17-2010 at 05:23.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'd be up for one. DJ Matt, RGB-Gas, and Dream Beamz are all within an hour or so of Raleigh, so I'm sure they'd be up for it too.

Truthfully, I've been thinking about trying to organize something in NC after the first of the year. Something small (like a FLEM). Not sure yet where I could do it though, apart from the large SELEM venue (which is expensive).

Adam
    After the new year I should be settled in so I can certainly try to help with that. I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start looking but I'll do what I can. The Raleigh area is pretty spread out small towns nearby so the chance of finding some rural meeting place isn't too far fetched. My dad is an active member of a Ruritan club not far from Raleigh and I could check into the clubhouse. It would be a low ceiling type hall like the you guys have at FLEM though. Not the best scenario but its a possibility.

sounds good i may have a spot, i will check on cost. maybe just the labor cost after they close.

Default Wishing I was in NC......

Suggestion - Contact high schools for the use of their GYM, YMCA gyms, church halls, etc.....they just may be a little less expensive than some venues....

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Keep me informed as I need to visit a carpet mill in Aberdeen N.C. sometime and could time it to whenever you all meet. Then I would just race over in a rental car to hook up w you all.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Smile

Sounds like we've got more than enough interest to make this happen!

OK, Jeff - let me know what you find out re: your venue. If that bombs out, we can start looking further south and/or west.

Randy probably has an "in" with a venue in Knoxville, but that would be quite a haul for most of you (and a good long haul for me, but I can swing it). So let's hold that in reserve for now.

I'm thinking that after the first of the year would be better. Maybe late January or early February? Sound OK for everyone?

Adam

That time frame sounds fine to me.

Make you you post some pics after your meet n greet, ok? Maybe vids?