Thread: Pangolin Professional 3D programming, how to move lines.

Default Pangolin Professional 3D programming, how to move lines.

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me.
    Can anyone tell me how to edit 3D frames in Pangolin Professional ?
    I have to draw a shoppingchart. I have the right site and left sit, but now I need to connect de 2 sides. As soon as I draw a line in the 'front'window, I cannot move this line to the position I want it in.
    Does anyone know how to edit and move this line ?
    When I use 'move' function, the whole drawing moves, not just the spcecific line.

Thank you very much.
    Regards,

I don't have LD so can't comment specifically but if it works anything like QS's editor then isn't there a selection tool?

If so use that to select the line alone then use the move tool. That should solve the problem.

Laser Warning Selection tool

White-light,

Your exactly right!

I have LD Basic (No 3d frames) but I assume the selection tool works the same....

Special Effects,

If you do not know which tool is the selection tool simply hover your mouse pointer over your tool box icons and one of the m should indicate "selection"... This tool makes points active or non-active before you choos another funtion like "move"... ONLY active points will react to the "move" command.. Highlight the points in your "line" then select move.

Its a combination of left and right mouse clicks I beleive that indicate wether you are activating or de-activating the selection.

I am new to LD myself so forgive me if I was off a little here =)

LaserGuy

Anyone has an LD2000 pro version and know how to move the line?

I can't show you in LD but in Quick Show the button looks like this:

Its the one that looks like a dotted square thats depressed in the picture.

You then place your cursor near the line that you want to select and click and hold the mouse button down.

You can now drag a selection box as shown in the main editor window over the line you want to select.

When you let go, all of the points are selected. Using the move tool will now move the selected item only.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I had a quick tinker with this and I have uploaded a short movie here (you are probably best switching to fulll screen to see the detail).

Basically I created a single side coloured green for clarity (in side view), switched to top view, cut and pasted the side twice then created a line the width of the trolley (in red for clarity).
    Then I switched to side view and cut the red line (which appeared as a red dot in side view) and then pasted it at the appropriate places on the side of the cart to make the connecting lines.

This is probably NOT how the professionals would do it but it's my first bash at it and it appears to work (in a crude way).

Food for thought anyways .......

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I can't show you in LD but in Quick Show the button looks like this:

Its the one that looks like a dotted square thats depressed in the picture.

You then place your cursor near the line that you want to select and click and hold the mouse button down.

You can now drag a selection box as shown in the main editor window over the line you want to select.

When you let go, all of the points are selected. Using the move tool will now move the selected item only.
    In LD2000 Pro (and I think all the other versions, as well), that same tool is the "Cut" tool. Select the tool, "lasso" the segment you want to relocate, move to the desired position, then RIGHT click to move the points (LEFT click DELETES the points).

Note that if that set of points is connected to another object, LD2000 by default "connects the dots" to replace the gap left by the moved / deleted points, so you may have to play around with the individual points tools to get the desired results. When moving objects that aren't connected to another object, it's generally not a problem.

The LD2000 "Move" tool moves everything currently in the frame

PS

Or, what soforene said....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Yeah sorry looks like LD was completely different, I thought the buttons would probably have been the same.