Thread: laser tuning

Default laser tuning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3197small.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	20282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3201small.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	20281hello group, i just got back from a trip and my scanner image is distored, the lines are distroted with a sinus form.
    any idea where this can be comming from?

i found the cause, or at least an additional problem, one of the mirrors broke off, how do i replace a mirror on a galvo scanner?

how do i replace a mirror on a galvo scanner?
    Very carefully

Here's a handy guide...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Replacement Mirror Removal Procedure For The 62XXH.pdf 
Views:	21 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	20312

The only thing I'd add to this is that other folks here suggest hanging the mirror upside down whilst it's drying to use gravity to keep it straight. To do this, I had the galvo inserted vertically in the loose galvo block resting on a flat surface. You need to wait for the glue to be very sticky otherwise gravity won't help at all! Also make sure you put the mirror face the right way around.

Also, this topic has already been covered in this forum. Please spend some time searching. If you still have questions after reading all the info then please post them here, or better, in the existing threads devoted to the subject.

bedankt voor de info, als het begonnen was met de gebroken spiegel had ik zeker eerst daar naar gezocht, nu gebeurde het naar aanleiding van de sinusvormige lijnen, achteraf verklaarbaar. Heb de gebroken spiegel er op gelijmd, heb nog wel 2 reserve liggen voor als het niet goed gaat en een aanbod om dit door iemand met ervaring uit te laten voeren.
    Dus.

Moraal van het verhaal, als je rechte lijnen er als een 50 Hz brom uit gaan zien check dan je spiegels.

Michel

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wha'd he say? Wha'd he say?

Default apologies

sorry, my mistake, was very busy and forgot to translate it into english, here is the international version:
    Thanks for the info, since my problem didn't start with a broken mirror i didn't look in the forum for this. If i look back at the incident the lesson learned is that if your picture starts to show sinus wave lines you should take a look at the mirror instead of thinking it is the tuning. I glued on the broken mirror before using the only 2 spares i got to see if it holds. Also got a reply from a local shop to repair this for me at a reasonable price so if it falls off again i'll pay him a visit.

Michel

Default Tuning the set

I finally found out that the set i acquired throug a collegue is from http://phenixtechnology.com it is the combination of i-show software and interface, pt-itrust controller board and the pt30k scanner set.

Out of the box it performs only well with simple pictures so i downloaded the ilda test patterns to see what it is capable of. Well, not very much, bit dissapointing. Browsing through their site i came up in the download section with a tuning manual and some more information.
    http://www.phenixtechnology.com/uplo...9323041288.pdf

First some questions to better understand before ruining the set

when they talk about showing a pattern at an angle of some degrees deflection i assume this has to do with the distance and the size of the picture. Searched the forum for "deflection angle" but came up with so many hits without finding the one explaining the term.

The specs of my kit show for example
    5 degrees optical deflection > 50.000 pps down to
    20 degrees deflection >30.000 pps.

I downloaded the ilda 12K test pattern and when i run it at a very small angle it is hardly visible but seems to show the entire pattern at once, when i make it bigger i can clearly see the pattern been drawn and is definately not fast enough to see the picture all at once where i expect this set to be capable of doing so.
    If i want to share this in a photo, i tried to make a photo with keeping the shutter open for a long time while using a higher apperture, any suggestions to make this work?

So my question is, if i can play the ishow pictures ok but the ilda test pattern fails, should i try to fine tune it myself, coudl this result in faster scanning speeds?