Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Lasers... good or bad?

Look at this article on the GBS-100 laser : http://holographyforum.org/phpBB2/vi...05c63031b28cc1

They don't speek of coherent length on the eBay page of the GBS-100, but in this article they speak of 12 feet, very good for holography But it has no TEC cooling, not a good point.
    To get full power of this laser : turn it on, and if the power is half, turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it on again. Try it 3-4 times if this doesn't works immediately...

yes , laser need stable quality . :P

Quote Originally Posted by sbk
    Look at this article on the GBS-100 laser : http://holographyforum.org/phpBB2/vi...05c63031b28cc1

They don't speek of coherent length on the eBay page of the GBS-100, but in this article they speak of 12 feet, very good for holography But it has no TEC cooling, not a good point.
    To get full power of this laser : turn it on, and if the power is half, turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it on again. Try it 3-4 times if this doesn't works immediately...
    Keep reading that post. The CL *may* be 12 feet but it runs at multiple lines, making it unsuitable for holography.

Oh okay, english isn't my primary language so I can pass up some details
    But I understood that this guy was able to do very good holograms with this laser...

If you really want a laser that's perfect for holography (and if you are rich), Melles Griot do some very good lasers

or something like this compass here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coherent-Compass...QQcmdZViewItem
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default do not sell products here

:? I think all here members should not advertise here, just a forum, should not sell his products here. thanks

Default their lasers like CNI laser

I feel the extremlasers look like CNI laser, no wonder the quality is not good! :roll:

I think they SHOULD sell here, in the Buy and sell fourm. They should also offer Group Buys, and special discounts to Fourm members and Frequent Buyer discounts.... Thye should also be prepared to Deal in VISA, MC, AM, or other forms of payment other than western Union.. i will NEVER send my money off to some western union place and expect a laser in return.... Anything sould happen the deal.....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD
    I think they SHOULD sell here, in the Buy and sell fourm. They should also offer Group Buys, and special discounts to Fourm members and Frequent Buyer discounts.... Thye should also be prepared to Deal in VISA, MC, AM, or other forms of payment other than western Union.. i will NEVER send my money off to some western union place and expect a laser in return.... Anything sould happen the deal.....
    words

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelH
    It sounds like they're still running their operation the same way. I recently bought a "GBS-100" from the off eBay but it most often puts out 40mw of green and has never put out more than 75mw. I never know what it's going to put out when I turn it on. It was packaged badly (rattling around in loose packing) and getting information out of "Jure" is like pulling teeth.

I have yet to find out what's required to get a specific power level out when I turn it on.
    I've seen 3 of the GBS-100's now, and 2 were over 75mw. One was only 35. The turning-on-and-off technique would only bing it up to 65 for a few secs before falling back to 35.

The first two leveled off between ~75 and 85, but seemd to be very sensitive to ambient temperture (I think this is what to expect from a cheap module).

If you're feeling adventurous here's two things I'd try on the 40:

1. Open the plastic case on the power supply and turn up the pot, but no more than a full turn from it's original setting. I think that the calibration on these drift over time and sometimes just a little more current will bump it to a higher output mode.

2. Pull the thing apart and pop the vanadate/KTP disc off its glued mount after you scrape away the visible glue. Now you can try to reposition it over the diode and often find a higher-output position on the crystals. Epoxy works best to glue it back in place. (Watch out for 1/2 W of 808nm coming at you!)