Thread: Don't buy from SVCompucycle SCAMMERS!!

Laser Warning Don't buy from SVCompucycle SCAMMERS!!

Hey people,
    Well, I was told to be careful about buying from SVCompucycle ( Not the one on Seareal Ave San Jose ) now I know why. Here is what they said after I bought a laser with a bad tube that was to be warrantied as NON-DOA and working. I will paste their response below.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE !!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Their response to me about warranting the tube.
    07/13/2009
    SVCompucycle
    This is the follow-up e-mail to our conversation on Monday 07/13/2009 on the laser system described below.
    At this point the system is DOA and I need a RMA # for the return.
    I am still testing the system and working with 2 Lexel companies to see if it can be made to work.
    But at this point the system seems to be dead.
    It was under the 30 day period when you were informed about this problem so I am requesting an RMA # now.
    I still have a few more tests to run in the next week or two but right now the laser will not even light
    so it could be the power supply or the tube or both. I will know as soon as I can run these tests

If the PS is good I take it @ 200.00 otherwise I will return the whole unit.

Thanks
    Stephen Wall, Owner/CEO
    Software Consultants
    259 W. Sierra Ave # 101
    Fresno Ca 93704
    Phone : (559) 438-1979
    E-Mail : laserland@pacbell.net

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    07/14/2009
    Dear Steve,

Please finish all tests and let us know and we will take care of that.
    Best Regards,
    SVCompucycle - Sales Support Team

Please visit our eBay Store for many new attractive items at bargaining prices: http://stores.ebay.com/SVCOMPUCYCLE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    08/06/2009
    Dear Steve,

Sorry the person who replied to your email a few weeks ago wasn’t aware of the purchase conditions. You made the deal out of eBay and requested inspection and a cash deal at your own responsibility. As said before, we exceptionally allowed you to buy the item based on inspection just for your assurance. This revokes all the responsibilities on our part since you are the expert and bought the items based on your knowledge and experience and on-site inspection. So you have no ground for complaining anywhere after all those conditions were met and you paid for it.

Best Regards,
    SVCompucycle - Sales Support Team

Please visit our eBay Store for many new attractive items at bargaining prices: http://stores.ebay.com/SVCOMPUCYCLE
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    So What do you guys think, did I get scammed or not. I sure do fill taken by these people.

Stephen Wall, Owner/CEO
    Software Consultants
    259 W. Sierra Ave # 101
    Fresno Ca 93704
    Phone : (559) 438-1979
    E-Mail : laserland@pacbell.net

seems to me there is 3 sides to this story and it cant be discerned from *JUST* what you posted above.

Side 1- YOUR account of being scammed.
    Side 2- THEIR side of providing you the equipment based on your "expert analysis"
    Side 3- what REALLY happened!

Seems to me like *YES* you got somewhat of a raw deal here. HOWEVER, if you indeed go to the site, look the equipment over, Test it, pay cash and agree to their terms than in essence you shouldnt be calling them "Scammers." they kept their end of the deal and provided you equipment which YOU paid for and YOU warranted as in "good working order" by taking the equipment and paying cash for it. (unless we're missing parts of this story. HENCE the "3 sides to every story...")

If there is a problem, they SHOULD warrant the sale. They *SHOULD* take care of their customer regardless of the terms of sale. At leasty they should make an attmept.

for this ding bat to just write you back and say, "sorry dude, sucks to be you. you paud cash now fu*k off..." THAT is not so great of a way to treat a customer.

all that seems evident to me at this point is that these guys are a bunch of assholes. but, scammers....NO.

just my honest opinion. unless you have more story to tell us. or unless they respond here.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Default That is what happened

Here is the way it went down. They had a 900.00 price on it through e-bay with a 250.00 shipping charge. The brewster stems were exposed so I knew it would not ship without being broken so I made an offer of 650.00 with the Non-Doa warranty in effect which they excepted. I told them I was only inspecting it for broken tube damage and I would not know if the tube was any good until I got it home and hooked it up. They were fine with that and would honor the warranty. I went to SJ and picked it up and the tube was intact. I brought it home and started testing it with mixedgas's help. I can not get it to light. I have all voltages correct so I figure that it is up to air. So I called them on Monday 08/03/2009 and they told me to send an e-mail. From there you have seen the e-mails. I was told before I went to pick it up to watch out for them but I had their assurance that the warranty would be honored.
    So would you say I got scammed.
    Steve Wall
    Last edited by Fotobysw; 08-06-2009 at 20:02. Reason: misspelled word

Im allways wary, of any Fleabay purchases, its like, hit an miss ....

For what it's worth, I bought a Spectra-Physics 263 argon power supply from them, and it arrived DOA. (I paid around $100 for it plus shipping - this was several years ago.) Anyway, I was very busy and didn't get around to testing it until about 2 months after I bought it. When I did, I discovered that it was dead. Not just a small problem, but totally fucked.

I contacted them, and they gave me the story I expected to hear. "Sorry - we only honor the non-DOA warranty for 30 days."

OK - like I said, it was my fault for not testing it as soon as it arrived. So I took the hit and moved on. (Even left them positive feedback.)

But here's the problem: The PSU was listed as "tested and working", when it obviously wasn't. I've watched a lot of their auctions since then, and I've come to the conclusion that they are not always truthful with their listings. Lots of times they list items as "untested / unable to test", yet a week later they have a similar item that is "tested and 100% functional."

They are *CLEARLY* bullshitting people when they say they don't have the expertise to properly test the lasers they sell. I mean really - how friggin' hard is it to plug a 110V air-cooled argon PSU into a wall socked and see if it will turn on? So that sort of dishonesty is why I'm very wary of dealing with them. They obviously know better, and are playing dumb whenever it suits them. That's just wrong in my book.

Adam

Here's my experience with them:

We bought a NovaLux 488nm 15mW laser system from them, it didn't work, not a huge loss, only $200 for the system and it was just a bad driver. Sold As-Is anyways.

They can be hit and miss, but sometimes you can get a wonderful deal from them if you know what you are buying.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)