Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting quad 445 beam to fit on something ??

Personally i,m getting a little bit tired of this to make it clear to everyone who wants to build a quad but what the hack i will make it clear one more time.

The Aixiz lens is not suitable for using is in a Quad, Dual or Octo combiner.

It will result in a huge combined Fat useless beam!

Kvant, rgb, arctos and others only use quality single lenses instead of the triple lenses so why even try...... They already tested it before coming on the market with their products.

^^^^^^^^^

what he said.

Also you must keep the beam below 4mm in diameter, everything bigger is useless and a waste of precious laser as with normal scanners the all beams above 4mm are spilled over teh galvo mirrors when scanned.

With Wide move scanners you beam must even be thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Personally i,m getting a little bit tired of this to make it clear to everyone who wants to build a quad but what the hack i will make it clear one more time.

Kvant, rgb, arctos and others only use quality single lenses instead of the triple lenses so why even try...... They already tested it before coming on the market with their products.
    Thanks Edison. I did realize that I could not get a great beam this way but thought since my goal was only for beam on the Mobolazer unit (6-7mm) it could be achieved. The 405-G-2 Lens you recommended , is that a single lens??

Also you seem to have some knowledge of the RGB Systems , Kvant stuff. Do you know what the optic is in the Red picture I attached?
    Thanks
    Larry

Its depends on the telescope. I have gained a lot of information thrue photonlexicon. But also with talking to Mccarrot. I have decided a about almost 7 months ago to completely focus on developing my modules. I have 4 quads on my desk ready to be build. I have also developed my own blue tec cooled single module of 445nm. That will be ready in a few weeks. I can,t say exactly what lens they use in the red module but i can tell give you some info how it works. The module has a telescope for example from 4:1 and it is used to shrink the stacked beam 4 times after stacking but it will increase the divergence of the beam at the aperture of the telescope by 4 times. So the lenses from the diodes in the red setup in the picture should produce a single beam of 3 mm and with a low divergence between 0.2 and 0.3 So in a nutshell the ratio of the telescope determines the FL of the lenses. However a longer FL wil result in a fatter beam at aperture of the diode so my guess the FL of the single lens that is used in the Red setup in the picture is probably between 8 and 11mm. The NA ( numerical aperture is high and above 0.5 to capture all the light and have low losses from the diodes.Hope that makes it clear

Wink

Its depends on the telescope. I have gained a lot of information thrue photonlexicon. But also with talking to Mccarrot. I have decided a about almost 7 months ago to completely focus on developing my modules. I have 4 quads on my desk ready to be build. I have also developed my own blue tec cooled single module of 445nm. That will be ready in a few weeks. I can,t say exactly what lens they use in the red module but i can tell give you some info how it works. The module has a telescope for example from 4:1 and it is used to shrink the stacked beam 4 times after stacking but it will increase the divergence of the beam at the aperture of the telescope by 4 times. So the lenses from the diodes in the red setup in the picture should produce a single beam of 3 mm and with a low divergence between 0.2 and 0.3 So in a nutshell the ratio of the telescope determines the FL of the lenses. However a longer FL wil result in a fatter beam at aperture of the diode so my guess the FL of the single lens that is used in the Red setup in the picture is probably between 8 and 11mm. The NA ( numerical aperture is high and above 0.5 to capture all the light and have low losses from the diodes.Hope that makes it clear
    Clear as Guiness...

I have to disagree. I think it depends on how many diodes are combined and what diodes are used. For LOC dual or quad with a PBS shorter focal length lenses make more sense for sure. Anything over 3 diodes combined without a PBS is going to have a telescope, so why not use the aixiz lenses for them. I have a 18 diode combiner that uses aixiz collimators followed by a 4 to 1 telescope and it works great. I could have spent a few hundred more on lenses but would have gained only 10-15% more power.

For the 445nm diodes I think it really comes down to application as well.

My mobolazer mod uses the o-like (same as aixiz) half threaded lenses coated for blue. Three diodes like "lll" no extra optics. And the divergence matches my 1.5W green. No real reason to use the 405-g-2 lens plus extra beam shaping optics. In my tests I found the O-like lens to be 93% efficient compared to the 405-g-2 with half the divergence. With that being said, in one of my RGB's I use two 445nm diodes with 405-G-2 with my bendable mirror correctors and a PBS. The beam easily fits on 3mm mirrors and has better divergence than my 1.25W green. So, IMHO it really comes down to the application. Just my opinion though.

Logsquared, Since you use a telescope in your setups and you have goods results with the lenses i,m with you so let me refraise

It will result in a huge combined Fat useless beam unless using a telescope

You should probably reread what Logsquared wrote again Edison
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Also, don't forget that people have had significantly different results between the older Aixiz 405 glass and the newer 445 coated lense (and the respective full thread and half thread versions)

Default aixiz

cant say i have any trouble with aixiz lens ,i only lose 5% at best using dt25 scan set
    and at the cost and power of these diodes , 5% is no problem
    doing a six banger with aixiz len ,two prism sets and a pbs with a 5x5 beam @<1mrad
    and 5to8% loss is not a problem and not expensive ,could improve that with the g2 lens
    to 4x4mm . but i find the aixiz good for stacking the beams

just my 2pence worth

but like they say its pot luck as to if you will get a good set of aixiz lens or not
    every one has there own way of doing things, somtimes that way might not work for others
    but hey thats lasers for you to many variables