Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting quad 445 beam to fit on something ??

Default Getting quad 445 beam to fit on something ??

So been working on a quad module from Microlaser. I am puting it on a old Mobolazeer unit with a 1.5W green.

I can get a decent beam at 30' ( somewhat large but OK) But in the first 12 to 18" unless I had 10mm mirrors I am loosing a lot of my 3.4W of power off the edges.

Here is my thought and looking for advise.
    What if you knife edge each pair then hit either the cylindrical lens set or anamorphic prisms then hit the PBS. I am assuming neither of those options would effect the use of the PBS. IS that correct?

Trying to get it down to a 4 or even 6mm beam within that 12" and still be able to do a far field
    I know I will loose some power in the optics but I think it would be a lot less that the almost 50% I am loosing because it will not fit on the mirrors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0089.jpg  

IMAG0087.jpg  

IMAG0088.jpg  

Default quad kit

what len are you using ?
    if it were me i would use aixiz 405 or o,like lens
    knive edge the two pairs ,then each pair through a prism pair and pbs the two together
    result shoud be a 5x4mm beam @1mrad, but you will have either get the heights correct
    with the two lasers set on the horizontal polarisation or use a wave plate to rotate the beam for the pbs so the beams end up like #
    and by the looks of your pics you will have to adjust your setup to use knive over for two of the beams if your not going to use a wave plate
    the fiirst micro labs quadkit did not allow for this unless you had the quad kit elite

Thanks badger. That is what I thought just was not sure if the after the Prism pair I could still hit the PBS but I thought so.

Anyone know what this lens is. This is a 650nm quad from a RGB Laser systems head. They basically do the Knife edge (With one over the top as mentioned) then hit a PBS the WHAT IS THAT lens. Makes a very nice beam??

Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0090.jpg  

To get a beam with a decent size so it fits your mirror you have to start with good lenses. From the looks of it you use aixiz lenses.

They will give you a fat beam and when combining them you have a HUGE beam that will never fits your mirrors. So start with getting rid of the aixiz lenses and buy some good quality lenses with a short FL. Then the second thing you have to do is to stack them next to eachother like this llll Then shoot it true a cilindrical lens set or a prism set.

That,s the right way in my opinion. Try the 405-G-2 lens for focussing the beam from the diodes. And buy a prism set from simon.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    To get a beam with a decent size so it fits your mirror you have to start with good lenses. From the looks of it you use aixiz lenses.

They will give you a fat beam and when combining them you have a HUGE beam that will never fits your mirrors. So start with getting rid of the aixiz lenses and buy some good quality lenses with a short FL. Then the second thing you have to do is to stack them next to eachother like this llll Then shoot it true a cilindrical lens set or a prism set.

That,s the right way in my opinion. Try the 405-G-2 lens for focussing the beam from the diodes. And buy a prism set from simon.

good luck
    That is a interesting idea. A lot less optics as well. I am using the newer Aixiz glass 445 Lens but probably need to try something else. do you have a good source for the 405-g-2?
    Larry

Will from Laser66 has them.He is a member to on PL. I think he has them now in a m9x0.5 threaded barrel to fit you Aixiz housing. At least i thought he was advertising on ebay with it.

If you put four beams stacked next to each other like llll with 405-g-2 lenses and then go through prisms or a cylindrical telescope your resulting beam will be at least 6mm wide with a 3x tele. probably more like 7mm including some room for alignment.

If you are using aixis 405nm lenses on your quad you should get a 5mm X 5mm "#" pattern.

I have a 2 mobolazers with 3 445's stacked like lll. I used the aixis lenses for simplicity. Everything fit on the mirrors. All i did to the mobolazers is drill out the aperture holes under the turrets.

Interesting, so with the Aixiz lensen and stacking them like this: llll and shoot them through a pair of cilindrical lenses or prism pairs you get a thight beam?

Definitly going to try that

AFAIK the one you are thinking of is a different thread type? At least the ones here with the o-rings are

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Will from Laser66 has them.He is a member to on PL. I think he has them now in a m9x0.5 threaded barrel to fit you Aixiz housing. At least i thought he was advertising on ebay with it.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    what len are you using ?
    if it were me i would use aixiz 405 or o,like lens
    knive edge the two pairs ,then each pair through a prism pair and pbs the two together
    result shoud be a 5x4mm beam @1mrad, but you will have either get the heights correct
    with the two lasers set on the horizontal polarisation or use a wave plate to rotate the beam for the pbs so the beams end up like #
    and by the looks of your pics you will have to adjust your setup to use knive over for two of the beams if your not going to use a wave plate
    the fiirst micro labs quadkit did not allow for this unless you had the quad kit elite
    he is using the quad elite (separate holders) they can be oriented in to a one axis side by side and one axis a knife over (customer provides the right thickness of shim for what ever beam size you are using). For a set up like this "llll" you would need my four banger kit. it appears that the right lens are important here too.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.