Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lsh files

Default lsh files

I am having problems understanding the file types used in QuickShow. I have downloaded some frames and shows from the ftp site but I don't know how to import lsh files. They are all over the FB3 folder but I can't do anything with them. I am sorry this is such a noob question.

Also, I upgraded to QuickShow 2. I understand that I won't be able to use Live Quick, Live Pro, Trace It etc..... What do all those programs do? Are they just individual components of the Quick show program just in their own executable.. I really want to learn this stuff but it's a lot to take in without any help.

.lsh files are the showfiles from showrider.
    you cannot import them into quickshow, it makes no sense.

I looked up showrider but it's an add-on for LD2000. If I only have QuickShow, how can I use it. Is there a free utility or do I have to pay for LD2000?

Hello

No exactly:

Showrider is an Third Application from LAStudio Suite for FB3 & LD2000.

You have 2 different builded versions:
    1 for Flashback 3 DAC & 1 for QM2000 Board

please read this :

http://www.pangolin.com/LA_Studio/Showrider.htm

Please see your Original CD of QS on folder "legacy Software\LAstudio"

Regards

s:
    Last edited by stissot; 10-16-2010 at 10:19.

Hopefully this will help explain what software is available for which controller:

Pangolin has two very different laser projector controller lines. Each hardware series requires a software package made specifically for it.

The QM2000 is their "Pro" controller board, which requires a PCI bus PC-based host or a dedicated network box like the QM.NET. The Lasershow Designer 2000 (LD2000) suite, which is available in a Intro, Basic, and Professional versions, is the software package that comes with the QM2000. It includes the Lasershow Designer frame editor, Showtime show editor, TraceIt bitmap convertor and several other apps, along with TONS of shows and frames. Several other addons for the LD2000 suite are available separately.

http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/index.htm

The FB3 is their USB-based controller that is geared more towards DJ's, hobbyists, and smaller-scale performances. It now includes QuickShow, which is a VERY full-featured live performance and basic show control software package - It basically replaces LiveQUICK (which is still available). TraceIT is also available for the FB3.

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/index.html

(BTW - QuickShow for the QM2000 is scheduled to be released in the near future)

LAStudio is an older software package that include Draw3D, ShowRider, and Abstraction.
    It is available as a free addon for the QM2000 and for the FB3.

http://www.pangolin.com/LA_Studio/Showrider.htm

LivePro is the professional high-end multi-track live performance package that is available as a separate purchased addon. Versions are available for the QM2000 and FB3.

http://www.pangolin.com/LivePRO.htm

That's just the basics -
    the Pangolin website covers the details.
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-17-2010 at 07:22.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    (BTW - QuickShow for the QM2000 is scheduled to be released in the near future)
    Please define "near future"
    It ought to be out since early 2010 if I remember that correctly... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Please define "near future"
    It ought to be out since early 2010 if I remember that correctly... :-(
    This was discussed at SELEM -
    Pangolin is hoping to have it released by year's end...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thanks for that Info, It was very helpful. I downloaded and installed LAStudio but of course, I upgraded to V2 of Quickshow and now I can't use LAStudio. It's a shame because I would have liked to have tried some of the lsh shows. Do you know if there's any intention to re-write LAStudio for the new FB3 firmware?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    This was discussed at SELEM -
    Pangolin is hoping to have it released by year's end...
    But they didn't specify Calendar year or Financial year............

From what I've read there will be new versions of the LAStudio files which will work with the new firmware again, but that will take some time so you have to go with QS2 for now.