Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: invert x- scanner

Default invert x- scanner

Hello ther,

First off all i am new her and wanne say hi to everbody: Hi
    I am strelac from holland and i just start in ther world off lasers.

For now i have a question:

When you have 2 the same projectors and a one pangolin FB3. Is it possible to make a modification at de Ilda input for the X-scanner, so that both scanners do the same, but only the X-scanner do mirror movements.

I was think of making a switch on the projector so you can invert de X-scanner on that projector. When this possible, am i right that i only have to change the positive with the negative and the negative to the positive for the X-scanner.

When i am wrong is ther another way to do this with out buying a second FB3.

Thanks and greetz form holland.

Strelac

hello Strelac - and welcome
    Yes you are correct you flip the + & - wires and the axis will flip - most scanners have a jumer on he driver that allows you to do this bit clearly this means its kinda permanent so requireing opening the projector up should you want it flipped back
    A simple dpdt switch wired very similar to a reverse switch on a dc motor will do the trick for you
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

This is how to make a x-inverting splitter

Are you planning to visit the NLLEM in ilpendam too ?

Don't forget to update your location in your profile, so you are easily recognized by fellow dutch laserists.

there is no need to change the projector internals. you just need an ilda-adapter with one in and two outs and one of the outs with switched cables for x. but if thre is the pssibillity to change by jumper, it is easier to fix that way.

something like that:

diy: <5 bucks
    ready: ~30 bucks

only works with differential wired scanners, not single-ended.
    keep it up, netzhaut (which is german for retina)
    and visit me on http://easylase.de/

It should work fine with single ended scanners as well
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

are you shure?
    i do not use single-ended scanners, but i think, you`ll get an earth short then.
    keep it up, netzhaut (which is german for retina)
    and visit me on http://easylase.de/

Quote Originally Posted by netzhaut View Post
    are you shure?
    i do not use single-ended scanners, but i think, you`ll get an earth short then.
    That will depend on the controller not the scan amp. Single ended OUTPUTS are a pain!
    I suspect Dave always has differential control outputs (as does Strelac in this case) but sometimes sticks single ended amps on the other end of the cable.
    Thus no zero volt cock-ups.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    hello Strelac - and welcome
    Yes you are correct you flip the + & - wires and the axis will flip - most scanners have a jumer on he driver that allows you to do this bit clearly this means its kinda permanent so requireing opening the projector up should you want it flipped back
    A simple dpdt switch wired very similar to a reverse switch on a dc motor will do the trick for you
    Rob
    I second Rob's advice -
    the most difficult part of this mod is drilling the hole in your projector case!

A nice additional benefit -
    The invert switch makes it very easy to switch from rear projection (through a scrim) to front projection (projector in front of the screen) graphics shows without having to make any software changes...
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-16-2010 at 17:27.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    A nice additional benefit -
    The invert switch makes it very easy to switch from rear projection (through a scrim) to front projection (projector in front of the screen) graphics shows without having to make any software changes...
    That shouldn't be necessary anyway should it if using projection zones? You can just set your graphics projection zone up permanently as X inverted. If you ever need it not inverted its no more than a couple of clicks away from being changed during per=show set up. Beats trying to time flicking a switch when switching from beams to graphics during a show surely.

That said, a switch is damn useful if pairing projectors!
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-18-2010 at 00:54.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    That shouldn't be necessary anyway should it if using projection zones? You can just set your graphics projection zone up permanently as X inverted. If you ever need it not inverted its no more than a couple of clicks away from being changed during per=show set up. Beats trying to time flicking a switch when switching from beams to graphics during a show surely.

That said, a switch is damn useful if pairing projectors!
    No "mid show" flipping required -
    I just set it once based on where the projector is physically located.
    (If I'm doing a show with beams and graphics, I'll usually - space permitting - try to use a scrim, so no projector or audience relocation is required.)

Works great!
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-18-2010 at 15:16.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....