Thread: AtLaser Poseidon SV6 Help, Newbie

Default AtLaser Poseidon SV6 Help, Newbie

Hey everyone,
    So I'm doing an internship with a company near where I go to school, and they're having me design a laser show with an Atlaser Poseidon SV6 and the iShow laser software. After reading about the software here I've decided to download and try Sergey's software, which I'll take a crack at tonight.

The laser show involves taking several company logos and converting them to a laser show, so that they display, rotate, etc. The issue I'm having with this is that, in iShow, I'll import .plt files from CorelDraw and convert them to .ddr and then .ild. Since I don't have a computer interface for the projector, I'll plug in the SD card with the saved config file and display them. This is where I run into my problem.

The logos degrade substancially with a scanrate rate that's high enough to make them appear solid. Trace lines appear randomly, corners fold in on themselves, etc. Bear in mind this is with iShow as I haven't yet attempted Sergey's. My question is, is it possible to avoid this issue through some kind of drawing technique that I'm missing, or is the low quality of the laser causing issues? The show is in three days and I'd like to have this put together as soon as possible. Also, any tips that you guys can offer a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
    -SINTAX

I would guess this to be due to the fact that the scanner galvo's in the projector are junk or perhaps better to say lower quality and poor scan rate at 20K the angle i don;t think was listed, just a max angle usually used for beams.
    leading in trailing technology

Well here's what I have.

I have the ILD files with the logos designed. I'm trying to work with Sergey's software, but what I'm stuck on is what I need to change about the logos to get them to project better. I've seen the Poseidon is capable of displaying text and relatively complex objects, like a rotating globe for example, with upwards of 400 nodes. When I have a logo with, say, 200 nodes, increasing the scan rate so the logo appears solid still degrades it substancially.

Attached is the zipped EPS file of one of the logos. I would appreciate immensly if someone could take a look at it and tell me if what I need to do would be possible. Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll take a look at them later tonight, I believe idaSOS by Drlava would optimize them, you may want to do a search on that.

Do you have it in ilda format? not sure if i can use eps(?)

Sure, I have the ILD file, it's attached. I'll google that software as well.
    Thanks for the help

EDIT:
    Holy. Shit.
    ILDSOS helped brilliantly. I've got it working now, thanks a lot for the recommendation polishedball
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sintax; 10-19-2010 at 17:31.

Yep drlava's magic is awesome, it has helped me a lot. He has also added features that I requested and provided free upgrades!

Just was pulling up this thread to try to fix ya, but i see you beat me to it.

Have fun!

Also you should fill out your profile so we know your location. You'll be able to find people near and around you.