Thread: Some photos from my latest Pink Floyd Dimension show

Default Some photos from my latest Pink Floyd Dimension show

Last edited by smokeAndMirrors; 10-20-2010 at 00:36.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! I saw a Pink Floyd cover band in Houston, and I don't remember their lasers being this good......so good show!

So, which one is the 1Watt low power projector?

In fact, give us the details of all of the projectors please - it'll be interesting to see how they're doing in the environment - you have a reasonable amount of stage light there, so it may be part of the underwhelming experience.

Greens are 300mW 532nm (analogue).

The two high-up projectors are 1W RGB analogue (300mW 445nm, 500mW 650nm, 200mW 532nm) on the left and 600mW TTL (100mW 473nm, 300mW 650nm, 200mW 532nm) on the right.

The dim one is on the stage - 1W analogue (500mW 650nm, 200mW 473nm, 300mW 532nm). It really was not bright.

@norty303 - You may be right. The staging that I saw was much larger, with higher ceilings and a much wider stage. There was also very bright stage lighting from what I remember. Only thing though, is when the lights did dim, the laser effect just wasn't impressive. the venue was perfect for something incredible, but they just didn't deliver. That is my opinion, though. Displaser was there too-he may have a totally different take.

My first observation is that the one on the stage is projecting significantly upwards and not towards the eye, so it will appear much less bright to the eye and camera. Whether this effect was the same once you got a bit more inline with it I don't know, but my lasers almost dissappear when viewed from the side.

In the last picture, given the angle, I'd say they are putting out about the same amount of light (compared to the one top left of it). Its a shame it wasn't on the truss so it could be compared directly coming towards the camera doing similar colours.

Oh, and projecting in front of a screen is a good way to completely lose your lasers too, so that won't be helping the effect on the camera for the low power one.
    Bearing in mind that 50-100mW here or there (once over 200mW) seem to be hard to spot, I'd say that they don't look to far out to the eye - they might need a bit of alignment, but none of the pics show any single beams to be able to see any fringing. You will prob be losing red on the scanners though at 650nm. Make sure you're minimizing the losses

Default A couple more...