Thread: Green Laser or ?

Question Green Laser or ?

Hi All, I need Info on this Green laser gun. but is it really a green diode? it has a glass lens infront of diode (glued on) then goes in casing and projects to a lens at the end of the fined gun assembly. Can you let me know what I have? it did lase green then nothing. Thanks JH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN44870001.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	20367
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN44880001.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	20365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN44910001.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	20366

Lightbulb

That is a DPSS green. In the cylinder there should be an IR diode and a few crystals. You may need to replace the diode to get it going again. Probably a 500mW to 1W C mount 808nm diode.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Wink

Wow, That’s what I thought but did not know for sure. I am surprised that a $15.00 808nm 1 w, diode, some crystals with a good power supply and mini fans can cost so much on 500 mw Green laser sets? So the FlexMod P3 with good mini fans, Platform and good power supply I can be in great shape. I think I got it? I will have to rebuild this one and give it a shot. I did pick the 1 watt 808nm diode from EBAY for its current handling ability’s. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Wow, That’s what I thought but did not know for sure. I am surprised that a $15.00 808nm 1 w, diode, some crystals with a good power supply and mini fans can cost so much on 500 mw Green laser sets?
    I think you'll need a bit more than 1W of 808 nm to get 500 mW of green. Also, alignment and temperature control is rather important, as you'll probably find out soon.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    I think you'll need a bit more than 1W of 808 nm to get 500 mW of green. Also, alignment and temperature control is rather important, as you'll probably find out soon.
    Yea... I was thinking you have a 30 to 50mW green there. 500mW of green is going to take a lot more than 1W of 808...

Talking

WELL in theory ????? I like to dream. I like to exparament also/ The 445nm's are cool but the greens no edge on them yet without the 808's. Thanks for your info. PARTY ON>

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    WELL in theory ????? I like to dream. I like to exparament also/ The 445nm's are cool but the greens no edge on them yet without the 808's. Thanks for your info. PARTY ON>
    Also, any old 808nm won't do. The diode actually has to be on spec. Being out by even 10nm or so will mean efficiency goes down the toilet.

Even though YVO4 has a much broader absorption spectrum than YAG, it still requires the diode to be as close to 808nm as possible for maximum efficiency.

With a 1W C-Mount, assuming 20% efficiency, you're looking at 150-200mW green out, assuming it's aligned correctly.