Thread: First Time Uploading ILDA Files in Swap

Default First Time Uploading ILDA Files in Swap

Please provide some direction on how to do this. I accessed once, saw a bunch of files, not sure which ones to upload. Also, when I went back in, it doesn't allow me to log in again.

What am I doing wrong here??

Please help a first timer??

Thanks in advance to all.......

I use FileZilla. It's pretty much drag-n-drop.

The current directory has an ILDA Files folder but within it are a slew of files. Probably not the most efficient way of doing things. I would recommend creating your own subfolder under ILDA Files and then place your files in your subfolder. Perhaps even create folders within your folder if you have different types or a lot of them. The goal is to make it easy for people who who might download them later.

ILDA files have .ild file extensions so that is what you should upload. Or, did you want to upload a laser show?

I need the files for Spaghetti. Which files do I need to get started? I would like to load some shows too, so directions on that would be great as well.

Any other advice/direction would be appreciated....I am new to all of this. Any books I can get from the library with the basics?

Thanks!

You said upload but I think you meant download. Uploading is sending files from your computer to somewhere else. Downloading is the opposite.

You should download all of the .ILD files you find on the FTP site and also all of the files in the Spaghetti shows directories. The Spaghetti shows are zipped so you will need to unzip them. Then you can play them as they are. You can use the ILD files to create new shows. There are a lot on there to choose from.

You should be able to find all kinds of info about ftp sites and how to upload/download with a little help from Google. I hope I wasn't to vague. I think with a little playing around with the FTP client it will all make sense, though.

This was very helpful, thank you. I was wondering if I should download everything that was there, or if I had to cherry pick specific ones.

Do I need to install more memory, a special sound card or anything else?

You don't need anything extra to create shows or to watch then in preview mode.