Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing controller for different brand

Default Replacing controller for different brand

Hi, i like to change the pt-itrust controller which has ilda as input and drives the galvo'
    s and r,g and b laser, it also supports blanking.
    What would be a good controller card to drive my pt-30k scanners and red/green/blue and blanking?

i have been looking at several controllers but i am not sure if these only interface between usb in and ilda out or that they also drive the above mentioned components.

Suggestions?

Michel

hi, if i understand right, you want to change the amp of your scanning-system.
    therefore you have to know the type of your galvos. with that info somebody here can suggest some driver-cards. what is the reason to change the driver?

you wont find a galvo-driver with blanking option, cause for nice blanking you have to change your laserhead-drivers from ttl to analogue, too.

it would be helpful if you post the specifications of your projector and/or details of its internals.
    keep it up, netzhaut (which is german for retina)
    and visit me on http://easylase.de/

no it is not the drivers but the controller that interfaces between ilda and the drivers.

my setup is as follows:

pc
    usb port
    i-show controller
    ilda cable
    pt-itrust controller
    laser output

it is the 8bit dac on the pt-itrust that i like to replace by a 12bit one.

Michel

From what i could find, the PT-ITrust board seems to be a DMX laser board with ILDA pass through. You also indicate that you are using an iShow DAC with it. Unless you are using the DMX capabilities I don't think you need to replace the ITrust board. In fact, you probably don't need to use it at all. I think that it is the iShow DAC that you need to replace since it is what creates the ILDA output. Of course, if you replace the iShow DAC you will also need new software. So, I raise this question to you: What are your requirements? What functionality is a must have for you? How do you typically use this set up. There are a handful of different options available and with varying price tags.

ok but i need some board to connect the r,g and b laser to and also the blanking.
    The pt-itrust controller has ilda for input together with dmx and also features audio with sensitivity control.

my requirements are
    12 bit x and y which i can connect to the galvo amplifiers
    8 bit r, g and b output and also output for blanking since my green diode is ttl controlled.

audio and gain control is usefull but not a priority
    also a price sensitive offer would be welcome since i already spent too much on my new hobby according to my wife

would this do the trick?
    http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/2814

Michel

also looking at easylase usb which seems to have a controller board.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    ok but i need some board to connect the r,g and b laser to and also the blanking.
    The pt-itrust controller has ilda for input together with dmx and also features audio with sensitivity control.

my requirements are
    12 bit x and y which i can connect to the galvo amplifiers
    8 bit r, g and b output and also output for blanking since my green diode is ttl controlled.

audio and gain control is usefull but not a priority
    also a price sensitive offer would be welcome since i already spent too much on my new hobby according to my wife

would this do the trick?
    http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/2814

Michel
    You can use the ITrust board with another DAC to retain your DMX and sound controlled output. Basically, the ITrust board just switches from it's onboard computer which outputs XYRGB or the ILDA input, which has it's own RGBXY output. You could connect directly to the iShow DAC and still have blanking, RGB, etc.

The DAC you get depends on the software you want to use. Step back and figure out what software you want to use first because that will determine which DAC or DACs you can use.

so it is not the pt-itrust board but the usb to ilda box provided with the ishow software that i need to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    so it is not the pt-itrust board but the usb to ilda box provided with the ishow software that i need to replace.
    If you want to improve the output that you are controlling from your computer, then yes, you need to replace the iShow DAC.

If you want to improve the precanned DMX/sound controlled output then that would mean you need something better than the ITrust board.

To be honest, I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.

well both would be nice but i can easily find software/dac combinations and have trouble finding replacement ilda pass through dmx boards like the pt-itrust.

i will see if there is a post about different software/dac combinations and their price/performance value.