Thread: QuickShow preview and monitor output

Default QuickShow preview and monitor output

Hi all guys.

A couple of questions about QuickShow...

Somebody knows if there is the way:
    • to obscure the monitor screen while playing an animation (when laser output is enabled).
    • to obtain a "full screen" preview, instead of a small window on the top-right corner of the screen.
    Thanks in advance for any infos about.

Steve
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Hi all guys.

• to obscure the monitor screen while playing an animation (when laser output is enabled).
    • to obtain a "full screen" preview, instead of a small window on the top-right corner of the screen.

Steve
    Any suggestion/info?
    my webpage

Hi all guys.

Steve
    You can resize the preview (at least the height) by click and drag along the bottom edge of the window.
    You can use this to shrink it down to the point that the window isn't visible at all, or stretch it so that it is as tall as your screen.

If you are going to stretch the preview, you'll probably want to enable the Configuration setting, "Maintain square appearance of laser preview window".
    This will maintain correct proportions of your image within the preview window.

I haven't found a way to change the overall width of the preview, so right now I don't know of a way to get a true full-screen preview like you can with LD2000 Showtime.
    Might be a good question to run directly by Pangolin...
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-22-2010 at 18:48.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

LD2000 is softare for true laser professionals. QuickShow is software "for everyone else".

In our development process, we need to decide what is a feature "for true laser professionals" and what is not.

If we put literally everything into QS, then nobody would buy the software "for true laser professionals". Even now, our pro users and dealers tell us that they can't believe what we've put into this software at a price that is 1/3 of the cost of our lowest cost professional software.

So, putting all of this together, we have made the executive decision that the "full screen preview" is a feature for true laser professionals, and this will not appear in QS.

If there are arguments over this, then I'll tell everyone this. We'll take all of the other features out of QS (the ones none of our competitors have) and put in the full screen preview. In other words, we'll trade ya .

According to published US and European pricing, QS is the least expensive software out there. And yet I would put this up against ANY other laser software on earth for many tasks. Here at LDI we have it running a full tradeshow booth with six laser projectors, on five year old laptop with all FB3s running off of USB power with no problem at all. This thing rocks! It's unbelievable really, the smoothness and power that is in this program.

It might not have every single feature that every single person on earth thinks that they wants. But it has a heck of a lot, and more than any other competitive package anywhere near this pricepoint.

So, hehe, that's the long answer .

Bill

[QUOTE=Pangolin;168395.........It might not have every single feature that every single person on earth thinks that they wants. But it has a heck of a lot, and more than any other competitive package anywhere near this pricepoint.
    So, hehe, that's the long answer .

Bill[/QUOTE]

I agree 98% with Bill.

I just wanna say a little thing...
    FB3 is surelly the most complete software "for everyone else" that I've never seen before. Absolutely .
    I also have "Showeditor2010" laser software. It is not so gorgeous like FB3 is, but it has a couple of "little things" which are missing into other "entry-level" software, most famous than Showeditor...
    Two of them are (for the record...), as well the following commands used for:
    • to "obscurate" the monitor screen when lasershow is running.
    • to switch the preview from windowed size to full screen.
    I sincerely think this is not a matter about "professional use" or "not professional use" of the software or price of software.
    I also sincerely think these features are very very very useful for all users, professional or not.
    Sometimes, when you are playing a lasershow into a dark hall, would be highly useful to have the availability the choice between "windowed" or "full screen" preview.
    Equally useful would be to have the possibility to swich the monitor screen down. Most part of times the halo light coming from the screen is very boring, specially when your PC station is placed near to the laser projector.

I asked myself why a so complete software as FB3 is, has not these two "foolish and simple" features...
    That's what I written this post.

Obviously all of this is just my personal point of view. No criticism or other else.

All the best

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Milani; 10-22-2010 at 05:27. Reason: type
    my webpage

Nice ! (Even if it doesn't exactly what I was looking for...)
    I meant when I start to play the show (and laser emission starts), then the monitor screen become black automatically...

Anyway it is useful.

Thanks a lot Bart!
    Last edited by Steve Milani; 10-22-2010 at 08:49. Reason: type
    my webpage

Obviously all of this is just my personal point of view. No criticism or other else.

All the best

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for your thoughts. Sometimes we change our mind, especially given customer feedback. So we might change our mind on this in the future. But for 2.0, for sure it will be the way it is right now in the release candidate, and our current thinking is the a more ellaborate preview is "for professionals"...

Given what you wrote, perhaps this is the "professional" feature that ShowEditor has but QuickShow does not. But how many things does QuickShow have but ShowEditor does not? That's my main point...

Life is give and take. Did the woman you married have all of the best attributes of every previous girlfriend, or does she represent the best overall combination, but not every possible benefit of everyone who came in the past?

Bill