Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP I need a SP 2670!

Unhappy HELP I need a SP 2670!

I own aspectra physics 2016 stabilite with 3 x 2550 power suplies but i missed the remote controller 2670 !!!
    Anybody have a solution?

Default what !

Quote Originally Posted by vbo View Post
    I own aspectra physics 2016 stabilite with 3 x 2550 power suplies but i missed the remote controller 2670 !!!
    Anybody have a solution?

hi welcome to the forum
    normaly the done thing here is to introduce yourself first
    if you just pile in with a question there is a good chance you might get ignored
    wellcome to the pl family

Default apologies

OK, sorry!
    I live in France, i am Engineer expert in Hydraulic turbo machines (Kaplan, Françis, Pelton)
    I am crazy about sciences and particularly hydraulics and astronomy (I own a meade 14")
    My home is like a laboratory and my dream would be to send a laser pulse on the moon an get a few photons back with my telescope...
    But for this i would need more than 6w!!!
    So thanks for your response in advance (and for the very bad picture of France actualy on the news...)

Quote Originally Posted by vbo View Post
    OK, sorry!
    I live in France, i am Engineer expert in Hydraulic turbo machines (Kaplan, Françis, Pelton)
    I am crazy about sciences and particularly hydraulics and astronomy (I own a meade 14")
    My home is like a laboratory and my dream would be to send a laser pulse on the moon an get a few photons back with my telescope...
    But for this i would need more than 6w!!!
    So thanks for your response in advance (and for the very bad picture of France actualy on the news...)
    good luck with that...you are gonna need a lot more than a "pulse" from your 6 watt argon...but hey, keep me informed
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    good luck with that...you are gonna need a lot more than a "pulse" from your 6 watt argon...but hey, keep me informed
    Your kidding right? That should be plenty of power. You can use a 2.3 watts of 532 and still get results. In 1968 NASA used a 2 watt argon with great success .

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    Your kidding right? That should be plenty of power. You can use a 2.3 watts of 532 and still get results. In 1968 NASA used a 2 watt argon with great success .

Ah, but that 532 is Q-switched. You couldn't penetrate the atmosphere with 2.3W of CW 532. I have never read about an ion laser being used for lunar ranging. I would love to see that article.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Ah, but that 532 is Q-switched. You couldn't penetrate the atmosphere with 2.3W of CW 532. I have never read about an ion laser being used for lunar ranging. I would love to see that article.

A couple of watts of argon and a 18" telescope gets you low earth orbit. Ie the Air Force facility on Maui has that and used it in published tests to illuminate the shuttle. The lunar ranger is a a pulsed yag with a oscillator/amplifier scheme and it gets 10 to 15 photons back per pulse with a 16" telescope.

One of the issues with ranging, is time gating, they know roughly when to gate on the photomultiplier, as the signal is so small coming back that atmospheric noise swamps it.

The argon might illuminate the moon with a fraction of a picowatt, but you will not see the return.

Steve

Cool being blind

you're right, gating the signal is a good solution to avoid other wrong triggers.
    The advantage i may have is that I can record datas with an OROS analyser or Sony PC216 AX and post process any datas (filtering, spectrums, transient analysis...).

I know that the catadioptic mirrors installed by appolo mission is still working but is day after day recovered by dust.
    So i should have a few years to do the measurement before being blind...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    key word..."nasa"
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    The lunar ranger is a a pulsed yag
    you mean I can finally have a reason for owning my laserscope?