Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAStudio Abstarction not working.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    You need a separate lic file for running this version as far as i know.

Bill had made me a separate one, just for LAStudio..
    Yes, Bill send me the license.(its a license.bmp).And I put it in the same folder than the .EXEs
    And it say LAStidio my name and three groups of numbers, two are the serial numbers of my QM2000 and one more similar.
    May be is that I'm running a Intro version? (of the QM2000).
    The other LAStudio programs run ok but not the Abstraction.

Thanks and cheers,
    Eduardo

I download a fresh copy again. start from zero (I uninstall and then install the new download).Put the license.bmp in the same folder and NADA.
    Draw3D and Showrider are working but Abstraction same error.
    Later I install in another folder and the same. later in the same folder than LD2000 again NADA.

So what version of QM2000 do you are running?
    I have Intro

Thanks
    PS If I delete the license the programs not run and a message tell me that I need a license.

The error message is usually quite explicit if it can't find the license file or dongle.
    Yours looks to be more of an exception error

Given the response you've had they might want to change the error message to read 'Please don't contact Pangolin'

I'd have thought they might even be interested in the error report, 'just in case' it is a bug in the code...

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    The error message is usually quite explicit if it can't find the license file or dongle.
    Yours looks to be more of an exception error
    Thanks for the reply Norty.

Yes, I think this program not run with Intro or my license is limited.
    I install the programs in another machines one with Win 98 and the other with Win XP.
    And I do the network connection and everything work fine but not the Abstracion.
    So I run out of ideas.

Thanks and cheers,
    Ed

PS I also try the FB3 version but that look for the FB3 dac.
    Last edited by megaton; 10-21-2010 at 15:32.

Yes you are right. Norty
    'Please don't contact Pangolin' Is a free software OK. and no support.
    They say LD2000 is superior, I agree but the abstract generator in the Intro version is not that powerful.
    Is time to look for money for and Update.
    Or I gone to propound and exchange of a QM32 for and update to Basic.
    May be this year they do another big discount for Holidays

On the basis Pangolin won't support you, the only option now is to try and get someone to replicate and help fix the issue, but that will require you sending them your license file.
    Not sure how comfortable you are sharing that - I guess it contravenes Pangolins licensing conditions but I'm not sure you have too many choices - and I don't think it gives too much away as its 'free' software anyway.

I don't think you should be thinking about upgrades because you can't get a piece of software working.

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    Yes you are right. Norty
    'Please don't contact Pangolin' Is a free software OK. and no support.
    They say LD2000 is superior, I agree but the abstract generator in the Intro version is not that powerful.
    Is time to look for money for and Update.
    Or I gone to propound and exchange of a QM32 for and update to Basic.
    May be this year they do another big discount for Holidays
    You do know that you can just buy the upgrade to the abstract generator in LD2000?, you don't have to upgrade the entire LD system to 'Basic' or 'Pro'. Pangolin call it their Al-A-Carte upgrade. Send Pangolin an email and ask a price for the extra oscillator banks.

Do you have LivePRO?, there's a neat abstract generator tucked away in there. But it depends on what you want to do with the abstracts once you've created them. Sadly, LivePRO abstracts are not compatible with Showtime. Other than that it may be worth waiting until the next software release for the QM system, who knows what delights that may contain

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I don't think you should be thinking about upgrades because you can't get a piece of software working.
    Yea you are right.
    And no money for that. I rather expend in a good red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You do know that you can just buy the upgrade to the abstract generator in LD2000?, you don't have to upgrade the entire LD system to 'Basic' or 'Pro'. Pangolin call it their Al-A-Carte upgrade. Send Pangolin an email and ask a price for the extra oscillator banks.
    Do you have LivePRO?, there's a neat abstract generator tucked away in there. But it depends on what you want to do with the abstracts once you've created them. Sadly, LivePRO abstracts are not compatible with Showtime. Other than that it may be worth waiting until the next software release for the QM system, who knows what delights that may contain
    Jem
    Thanks for the tip. I just check the prices for additional oscillator banks. And are expensive. For the whole enchilada, or each.
    I think I'm gone wait on this.

Thanks both and cheers,
    Ed