Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Liquid Sky - One to Inspire

Default Special Liquid Sky - One to Inspire

This ones not for download so more for inspiration although I'll be putting some more creations up soon for anyone who likes them.

I had to share this because I just love the effect I created.

Unlike most liquid skies / fans, the beams here appear to propogate from the centre outwards in opposite directions instead of from left to right. I say appear because assuming QS follows basic creation rules regarding beam paths then the scanning should still be left to right but the appearance of propogation from the centre comes about through changes in position of the each coloured part of the beam rather than from scanning from the centre out which is of course impossible.

Other thing I like about this one is the tranisitions. Look at the beams carefully. Each individual coloured segment within the fan fades and merges smoothly from one colour to the next. These aren't just colour changes that are going on but proper fades on each individual segment and on both edges of each individual segment simoultaneously.

Its actually much nicer in reality than in the video:

Hi Al

Link ???

It looks good in my imagination though

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

It's an embedded video in the post. If you can't see it it could be because you're prevented (my work block streaming content)
    You can still get the url by right clicking and 'view source' and search for the URL, but I've done that for you...

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15944863

Weird. Couldn't see any video at all this morning. However, just looked now and it's there. I wonder if Al corrected it and said nothing

Thaks for the link though.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Maybe vimeo was temporarily off line as I've only just come back to this thread, nothing altered. (Thanks for the additional link Norty. )

Anyway I hope you liked it Jem, something a little different from most liquid skies.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Anyway I hope you liked it Jem, something a little different from most liquid skies.
    Sorry, forgot to mention... Yep, I really like it, very nice indeed

Jem

Nice! I just installed RG in my projector. Blue is going in this weekend. My goal is to get RGB solid state going by next week, at which point I will be entertained for weeks . I can't wait to see liquid sky and other beam effects coming from my projector! I bet it looks great in person

Jonathan

Try as I might, I just can't get that steppy pixel effect with my laser.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    Try as I might, I just can't get that steppy pixel effect with my laser.
    This particular Sky was as much luck as design. I had in mind what I wanted but happened on some of it by luck. It uses many effects stacked upon each other. Some in the synth file and some in the "Effects" window which are saved in the synth cue but are seperate from the basic synth itself, if that makes sense.

If you can explain further what you mean by the steppy pixel effect, I'll see if I can help. Just don't expect me to give everything away on this one!

I think you missed a certain 'tone' in his post.

I think he was referring to the poor computer representation of the effect generated by the visualizer... (unless I've read it wrong....)