Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next FLEM will need to be post-poned until 2011

Godspeed to ya both, Cap'n... You'll make it... ..if there's anything I can do to help (...like, send ya a bunch of DVDs from NetFlix, er sumthin... lemme know...

kit...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Damn Adam....
    Extremely sorry to hear that, dear mate "old torpedo"...
    I wish you both get fit well soon.

GO Adam GO!

Steve
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Pulling for you Adam! Sending much love your way......

Mike

Best wishes for successful operations and speedy recoveries to you both!

Thumbs up Thanks guys!

I do appreciate it, folks! And don't worry - we'll be fine. Got lots of people lined up to help out around here.

With regard to the next FLEM though - start thinking about March of 2011 and see if it fits in with your plans. I know that a couple folks from Texas were thinking about making the trip to Florida for this one (Greg, aka Displaser, and Lenny, aka Kakzaw1, spring to mind), so it would be nice if they could start thinking about their travel plans.

Adam

I can't nail a for sure until I know the dates. We are about to do our vacation bids, so I have to put in specific dates and see if I can hook up some airline tickets and a hotel deal. Got a weekend in mind?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Someone in Florida land, kindly step forward and organize this thing for him.

Buffo does too much, and its bloody well time we start picking up the slack.

Steve

Smile

Hehe... Thanks for the offer Steve, but FLEM's are something I need to be directly involved in, as the venue has to be booked through my Mother. (She's a member of the boat club, which is how we manage to get the room so cheap.) But it's really easy.

That's the great thing about FLEM's in Tavares... They're a snap to set up! Nothing like SELEM. (Nothing at all!) Plus there's lots of hotels in the area, with no real draw to fill them all up. (Even during spring break they have rooms.) We've never had a problem organizing FLEM's since we moved them to Tavares.

Any weekend in March would probably work, assuming that the boat club doesn't have anything scheduled. So we've got March 5th, March 12th, March 19th, and March 26th... I'll need to check with the Triangle Boat Club and see if they have any conflicts with those dates. But for now let's start thinking about those weekends. (Remembering that setup is Friday afternoon, then we go out for dinner, then back to the venue for some "pre-FLEM" laser fun, and finally back on Saturday morning for the main event, which usually lasts until midnight or later. Teardown is at the end, and a couple folks usually show up Sunday morning to help me clean up, sweep up, and take out the trash.)

Does anyone have a specific weekend in mind that they'd like to shoot for? If so, let me know and I'll try to nail that one.

Adam

Thumbs up

By the way, just a quick update from the Hospital... Marie is fine. Everything went well, and she's resting. So all is good!

Adam

Awesome news Adam!

I am happy to hear that she is ok and on the mend.