Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next FLEM will need to be post-poned until 2011

Laser Warning Next FLEM will need to be post-poned until 2011

Hey guys;

I know we've been talking about holding a FLEM sometime near the end of this year, but I'm sorry to say that I'm just not going to be able to make that happen. Most of you know by now that my wife was recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes, which isn't such a bad thing, but it's taken up a lot of our free time lately as we've had to adjust our lifestyle a bit in response to this. What's worse is that she's also scheduled for a hysterectomy this coming Monday, and because of the large horizontal incision they're going to have to use, she's looking at being out of work for 6 weeks. (Ugh!) So I'll need to be around the house to help her out though most of November while she's recovering.

The real icing on the cake though was the results of my MRI from a couple days ago. Sure as hell, I've blown the same damn disc in my back that herniated 2 years ago. So I'm looking at another back surgery between now and the end of the year. And since I'll be tied up with Marie at least through Thanksgiving, that means my surgery is going to have to be in early December. Granted, my recovery time will be fairly short (the last one only had me out of work for 3 days), but I won't be able to do any lifting for a while afterward, and by that time we'd be into C-mas.

So with all this going on, plus the holiday rush, I just don't think it's feasible to try and schedule a LEM in Tavares, at least not until after the first of the new year. I just don't have the time...

Right now I'm tentatively thinking about doing the next FLEM in mid to late March, 2011. That will give me plenty of time to recover, and I'll also have time to help out with the north carolina LEM that Gary, Randy, Jeff, and Matt have been talking about, assuming it can be pulled together for late January or early February.

Sorry to have to pull the plug on the fall 2010 FLEM guys, but I've just got too many things on my plate right now. I'll do my best to stay in touch as things progress, and I feel very confident that the spring FLEM will go off without a hitch.

Also, don't sweat it on my account. While I've got a lot going on, the procedures are fairly routine, and both Marie and I are in good health otherwise. I have the utmost confidence in modern medicine, it's just that the timing is really lousy. But in the end we'll both end up feeling much better once the cutting is healed!

Adam

ouch and double ouch ....

Hope all goes well buddy.... you both get fit and well soon

all the best

Karl

Wishing you the best Buffo-sent you a PM.

I was just thinking about the next FLEM a couple days ago... sorry to hear about your wife and your back, hope the rest of your year is a bit calmer!

can't wait till FLEM 2011

Hey Adam, sorry about these unexpected troubles. Will send up a prayer for you and yours.

Hey Adam,

Hope everything works out well for you both.

Al

Thumbs up You guys are great!

Thanks for all the support, folks! I'm sure we'll be fine. It's just a lot of things happening all at once, so I'm going to be stretched rather thin for the next couple months! But like I said above, I have the utmost confidence in modern medicine. I just wish it didn't have to be *now*.

Adam

Damn d00d, it just all piles up at all at once.

Y'all'll be in our thoughts. Hollar is you need anything.

Damn dude - that sucks!

Here's hoping for a rapid recovery for both you and the missus!!

Ditto on Doug's comments!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that. Ill be praying for you And if you need anything,just let me know!
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt