Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familar with mambaBlack?

Default Anyone familar with mambaBlack?

In MambaBlack I am having trouble importing ilda files. When ever I import the framelist I get each and every frame by its self in the file viewer. But then when I select all frames and drag them into a scene on the timeline it doesn't play very smoothly. How am I able to import the framelist correctly into the timeline?

Lightman
    Are you placing them all in one scene?
    forgive me if you already know the following...
    if you drag frame 1 into the default blank scene of a new show that will play frame 1 for 1 second.
    Extend the scene by dragging or adjusting the length using the scene length control in the bottom left of the screen. Then just to the right of this are 2 sliders which are the start end end frane selection for the scene. Drag the right hand one up to the top then on play the scene will play all frames in the time you have set.
    If this is still jerky then it sounds like the ild frames are not created very smoothly - where are you importing from? Traditionally the ilda frames would be created to play at 25fps or greater but if you try and play back at less than 25fps then the output will be jerky.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

okay i think i understand that correctly. but say i import roughly 1500 frames, how do i know how long to set that to?

you dont unless you know what frame rate they represent - assuming its 1500 frames at 25 fps then that would translate to 60 seconds - try and see. If it looks wrong or jerky try a different time - simple.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

okay ill give that a try, thanks a lot!

also i came accros another problem, when i import an ilda file that has multiple colors in it what do i do so its only green? My laser projector only has a single color green module inside

So, red and blue frame info is not displayed right now ?
    Then:
    -Wire your projector to the intensity pins in the ilda plug. Go to settings and choose analog blanking. This will settle your problem once and for all.

Or

-Use the recolor function and choose green as target color, use the color picker tool in the pallet region. This has to be done for all scenes, and is quiet tedious.

well i dont actually have the projector yet. i am buying a prebuilt one off of ebay.
    how hard would it be for me to re wire it up?
    and there is no other setting in mamba that will allow me to project it in one color? other then selecting all the frames and making them green?

In Mamba black 2.x there is a colour routing function which lets you salect that all red green and blue output oges to the green (or any other) channel
    If you dont have version 2 then you need to use one of Barts suggestions.
    To rewire you would just need to take the blanking signal wires and mover the pair of wires from one position on the ilda connector to a different place. That said its likely that there will be a pcb with a connector so it will be fixed on the pcb and would need some modification to work. Alternativley you could use an adaptor that you would place in between the ilda cable and the projector - if this was wired to route the Z signal to the green input on the projector you would be ok and would not void the projector warranty by opening it up

Rob

Would you be able to make some kind of diagram to show me what I need to wire? I’m not very good at being able to read how to wire something up. And I would probably go with the adapter suggestion you mentioned.