Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTP Wiped

One thing I would add is that certain people need to be able to upload anonymous files / password protected. eg. I've been doing a lot of beta work for Bill with some items that I wouldn't want to be publically viewable either by name or download. I also self delete after usage to keep the server from getting clogged up with loads of otherwise useless files. Maybe certain users involved in this kind of work could be granted extra privaledges to upload anonymous files / password protected content / self delete their own files.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    One thing I would add is that certain people need to be able to upload anonymous files / password protected. eg. I've been doing a lot of beta work for Bill with some items that I wouldn't want to be publically viewable either by name or download. I also self delete after usage to keep the server from getting clogged up with loads of otherwise useless files. Maybe certain users involved in this kind of work could be granted extra privaledges to upload anonymous files / password protected content / self delete their own files.
    This just doesn't seem right to me.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    .... Maybe certain users involved in this kind of work could be granted extra privileges to upload anonymous files / password protected content / self delete their own files.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Agreed.
    The FTP server is there to serve members of PL and isn't a free FTP service to accommodate general use.
    I know that Pangolin have their own facilities for up/downloading files via FTP (cus I also do Tippy Toppy Super Secret Squirrel work for them ).

As Admin has stressed previously that they don't want to manage specific userid's/Passwords then (unless there's a change of policy) it looks like we all get the same privileges.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Just do what I do, mark my name as part of the file name and encrypt it.
    I do this for things like service manuals that I can give to a owner of the laser but not to the general public. I help a lot of people this way, so I would not want to see the possibility go away.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I keep a collection in one of my albums; I keep tellin everyone I have them to be used by all.
    Great !

So how do I get (to) them ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    To me neither, why does he use a community dedicated server for private file exchange purposes? There are other possibilities for that (own server, filehoster, etc.)

OK i am now uploading stuff to moppy's ftp.
    But i wanted to download some stuff for myself as well using SABNZBD (a automated binary newsgroups download tool).
    So uploading to Moppy (the circle below) and downloading towards me (the upper circle) simultaneously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fast as hell circles.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	20511

Hahaha i like fiber to the home....
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

is moppy the new ftp server now?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    ....Hahaha i like fiber to the home....
    Showoff !!
    Here in the UK we have to write our files onto small scrolls, attach them to the leg of a pidgeon and send it to our ISP's to be added to our sites within 90 days !!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    So uploading to Moppy (the circle below) and downloading towards me (the upper circle) simultaneously.
    Ok guys (those whom can write scripts), what i am planning is to once or twice per day have a cronjob check the PL ftp and download the difference where we will always have a current copy including newly added files.

Can someone help me with this? I know little to nothing on scripting.

Thanks.