Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTP Wiped

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Ok guys (those whom can write scripts), what i am planning is to once or twice per day have a cronjob check the PL ftp and download the difference where we will always have a current copy including newly added files.

Can someone help me with this? I know little to nothing on scripting.

Thanks.
    Doug,

How about this one? http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpsynchro/

Jim

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

*cough* rsync *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by -=Jim=- View Post
    Doug,

How about this one? http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpsynchro/

Jim
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    *cough* rsync *cough*
    Your turn then....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    This just doesn't seem right to me.
    I already upload the majority of my stuff for Pangolin to Vimeo to keep it out of the bandwidth here (although there's only ever one upload and 2 downloads, so its hardly high bandwidth stuff (!) and I clean up after myslef with regards to deletion!). The problem is vimeo is open and often there are hours and hours of waiting time for conversion. Just occassionally, I upload something here because its quicker. My files for Pangolin here have always been PW protected and encrypted (admin was informed that I was doing this some time ago). The reason is simple, not everything I'm putting up is for public consumption especially when concerning private beta content.

If people are concerned this raises favouritism issues then maybe the answer is to grant self delete privaledges etc to established members only. That may imply favouritism again, but then again you can't just grant anyone who comes here deletion rights without knowing them 1st as thats a recipe for disaster as we've seen in the past.

Regarding PW'ed content. Simple answer, nothing passworded that contains material for distribution ie. Shows, ILDA files etc or is publically linked from this or any other forum. That should take care of copyrighted concerns. Another option would be for a moderator to be supplied the pw at the time of upload so they could check content.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Showoff !!
    Here in the UK we have to write our files onto small scrolls, attach them to the leg of a pidgeon and send it to our ISP's to be added to our sites within 90 days !!
    OMG! You got pidgeons? I'm still using mice.

Last edited by White-Light; 10-26-2010 at 01:23.

I think people's disagreement with it is not that it consumes bandwidth, or is insecure or anything other than the fact it is work being undertaken for a commercial entity, and as such they must have more appropriate means of handling this sort of content themselves.

If I was the commercial entity in question, I'd be inclined to insist that any traffic went via our domain, not some 3rd party that is clearly open to abuse by random 'others'
    Last edited by norty303; 10-26-2010 at 03:37. Reason: snipey

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    If I was the commercial entity in question, I'd be inclined to insist that any traffic went via our domain, not some 3rd party that is clearly open to abuse by random 'others'
    Well if they offered a server to upload to I'd use it, they haven't. In any case anything I put up on here thats commercially sensitive is zipped with file names encrypted and password protected.

Due to my interest in any and all info, I've got much from FTP. I'm uploading back anything I see missing, but with 1mb\s it'll be a long story))))

Consider yourself lucky. I'm uploading at the moment - 70kbs.

I've upped the "software section", some "documentation" and almost finished uploading ILD files. All the videos and photos - It'll take an eternity to upload, so I could begin only after this weekend.

Default if needed

i also made a backup of evertything on the ftp server so if needed i can check if anything is missing, just need an account with write permission

Michel