Thread: Show blanking in Quickshow ?

Default Show blanking in Quickshow ?

Hi all,

I must be stupid and all, but i thought there was a way to turn on the blanking lines in Quickshow. Can't find it, am i confused with Mamba or is there a checkbox that will show you the blanking lines ?

I am getting nuts over this.

any help is appreciated.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

For synth images, not that I know of.

If you're creating something in the editor from scratch then yes.

Its the star like button:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OK too bad... i hoped there was a button to turn off blanking.

I just made my second green projector.
    All works well, but i see all the blanking lines displayed as dotted lines

So i am trying to figure out what is wrong.
    But thanks for the help !
    I didn't fail !

I misunderstood. You meant on display not creation?

I don't know is the short answer.

BTW try another version of QS if you're in doubt as to whether or not its the projector or software. Each version of QS works independantly even on the same pc so if blanking is somehow enabled for display in one, the other should be fine unless its a projector or DAC issue.

PS Alternatively, test the set up with your 1st projector if still to hand. If its fine then its got to be at the projector end. I can't help you there as I've never built a projector so wouldn't even no where to start with suggestions.
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-24-2010 at 14:11.

There is no way to defeat blanking in QS because such a thing, in the wrong hands, would be dangerous (and QS is built on the assumption that, at least one day, it will fall into the wrong hands...)

Dashed lines showing the blanking? Sounds like a Projector Connections problem to me:
    http://www.pangolin.com/resguide12.htm

Best regards,

William Benner

You're right Bill, it was connection problems.

Longer projector build story will follow, but in short.
    I used a breakoutboard which wasn't standard (i didn't know), so for some reason pin13 was ilda ground instead of pin 25.
    Been searching all day (and part of the night for that).

Have had great help and support (in the end it became more mental support than technical support) from Rob Stanwax. Again proving what a nice and knowledgeable guy he is.

I have taken tomorrow a day off to finish the matilda box, get some more ILDA cables and sort my shit i couldn't finish because of the mishap with the grounding stuff.

All seems ok now, projector runs nice, only the high pitched whining (see my other issue) of the galvo's is still there. Will try earthing them, since i have been earthing them when i had the issue, so basically my ground was -5V. Maybe it goes away, but short tests even after finishing it, didn't sound good, still the high pitched sound.
    These are sonima SM2803 scanners, also known as Scanpro20's.
    I didn't fail !

Glad to hear you are making progress. Yes, that StanWax is a very helpful guy. I hear a lot of positive things about him from clients who send positive emails.

Regarding the "squeeling", what you could do is connect only the power supply to them and nothing else (remove signal wires). If they continue to squeel, then you can disconnect one scanner at a time (remove the cable) and see if it is only one scanner that is doing the squeeling. In any event, that squeeling is not good as it can cause heat inside the scanner and also drastically reduce bearing life. So you should get it figured out ASAP...

Bill