Thread: how do you make smooth beam shows?

Default how do you make smooth beam shows?

I was wondering how you design beam shows that are very smooth. Are they made in software such as Mamba where you would need to create frame by frame? It just seems that you would never get it to turn out right that way. Are there any other options on how to go about this?

what do you mean by smooth beam show? Give us an example of an effect and I will see if I can give you instructions of how to do it in Mamba

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Open a beamshow *.shw, as they come with the mamba package.
    Look how these shows are composed, certainly not frame by frame.

Most software allows you to draw a line, and then another line, and then specify how long it takes to move from one point to another. It will then generate all the frames in between.
    You can add effects over time like this too, morphing and all sorts, which all result in a smooth flow.

Its a bit like programming lighting chases where you set 2 points and can specify if it snaps or fades betwen the points.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Most software allows you to draw a line, and then another line, and then specify how long it takes to move from one point to another. It will then generate all the frames in between.
    You can add effects over time like this too, morphing and all sorts, which all result in a smooth flow.

Its a bit like programming lighting chases where you set 2 points and can specify if it snaps or fades betwen the points.
    so i can make that in mamba as well? it creates key frames in between all the frames and then i just apply effects to make it move an what not?

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Open a beamshow *.shw, as they come with the mamba package.
    Look how these shows are composed, certainly not frame by frame.
    do you happen to have those .shw files handy? i dont have them. those would be great for me to experiment with and get to know the program better.

Mamba is shipped with lots of shows by default.

I'm starting to think you're not a legitimate user of mamba

V1.63 is known to be pirated ! This version is unstable, and contains malware.
    If you're a legitimate user, upgrade asap, and medialas will supply you with the latest showfiles.

FYI there are mamba tutorials on youtube, showing you most of its functionalities.

I just realized that when i went to go import the show that i didnt have the right file selected where the shows were stored. And yes there are quite a bit of files there for me to work with. I hope i didnt give off the wrong impression by me not knowing where to find the shows at. From what i have heard the latest version looks a lot better!