Thread: Holography Forum

Default Holography Forum

Hi Folks

You may have heard about the recent very sad demise of the Holography Forum. I won't go into details here about the reasons for its closure. However, suffice to say that the closure of the forum was something that was completely unexpected, but unavoidable given the circumstances.

There has been a new Holography forum constructed here: http://holography.no-ip.org/

Any previous members of the Holography forum may wish to make their way over there to register and rebuild the community.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Damn, Does all that valuable chemistry data ever come back?
    I am sure I will find a need for photochemistry in the near future, and that was the "IT" spot for stuff that works.

Just a yes or no will suffice.

PS if some manual parsing of old files is in order, I'm good at that, just to recover the formulary.

Steve

Do you know who is administering the new forum, or why a new forum was started in light of the availability of the "In the Lab" section here http://holography.ning.com/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Do you know who is administering the new forum, or why a new forum was started in light of the availability of the "In the Lab" section here http://holography.ning.com/ ?
    Have you visited the new forum?, the clues are there

I don't know about anyone else but I like the simplicity of a forum and the way it's laid out. I find the 'Ning' quite confusing as stuff seems to be all over the place. I guess i'm not alone in thinking this as the Holography Forum always seemed to have more action going on, I guess folks vote with their feet.

I believe the old Holographyforum posts have been archived awaiting suitable circumstances to arise.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001