Thread: 30k scanner engine

Default 30k scanner engine

I have just purchased some 30k scanners the ones currently in the projector are 12k and the scan engine block is smaller but looks like it will fit the new 30ks I purchased. the Scan engine block that came with the scanners is a bit larger in size the one in the projector it is sitting on a movable plate that is attached to a very thick aluminum plate I am wondering if the additional plates attached to the 12k scan engine will be enough to make up the difference for heat dissipation other wise I will need to do some serious modification to make the new scan engine work.I have attached to pictures, Opinions?

Cheers
    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0842.JPG  

DSC_0843.JPG  

If the new scanners fit in the old block you should be fine. Be sure to check for mirror clearance. The thermal issues shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Default 30k scanner engine

Hello Chad
    It looks like they will fit just fine however I ran into a real problem the ILDA interface board that mates up with the 25pin input to the projector has a single ended output to the scanner drivers, and the new scanner drivers inputs are differential what is the best way to convert the single ended output to differential input to the scanner driver boards?
    Another interesting point the ILDA interface board requires + - 0 15VDC and it was being fed by the 12k driver board the new drivers have + - 0 15VDC out connector orientation is the same but they reversed the polarity on the driver board recepticle good thing I saw that I will have to reverse the wires which is a bit of a pain but workable.

Hi Michael,
    If the ilda interface board just has plain connections (no additional circuitry) from the connector to the galvo controller PCBs the best way to interface them would be to run wires from the 25 pin connector -X and -Y to your new galvo controllers. If the ilda interface board does have circuitry to convert differential +/- 5V lines to a single ended +/- 10V line for the galvos, you can safely connect the galvo - input to the galvo gnd pin next to it and forget about it.

HI Andrew
    Thanks for replying yes it has circuitry that is turning it into single end ok I have a
    + X pin and a + y pin, plus a ground pin at the interface board out to the scanners I think what you are saying is jump the -X and -Y with the grounds on the scanner amps and then connect them to the ground pin on the interface board is this correct? Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers
    Michael

Yes, that exactly right. If you were to leave those - inputs floating they could pick up noise from various sources and you'd see distortion or skewing in the image.