Thread: Pangolin and Video

Default Pangolin and Video

This is still very much a wet ink post, but aside from the anticipated and exciting update on the P. scanner,s Bill presented an unanticipated new feature for Beyond that will allow video to be incorporated into shows THROUGH Beyond. In addition to a non coherent duplication of content that normally would be presented by laser scanners (and therefore bypassing audience scanning restrictions), the video output can be geometrically corrected to facilitate non distorted overlay. Furthermore, this can be applied to multiple projectors to allow tiling.

OK Some questions:
    How is the projector(s) physically connected to and referenced by Beyond? Any hardware other than a DVI or HDMI cable?
    Is the video projector set up like a laser projector? For example, what about scan rate and color adjustments?
    Any recommendations on video cards and video projector models? What to do if using a laptop and two or more video projectors?

I'm sure to have missed many important issues, but this is a start. All of us here have been very impressed with video mapping and building projections and all of a sudden, this sounds a lot more feasible.

Sounds very interesting indeed. Im using GrandVJ at the moment but i would love to be able to use videos within Beyond. That would save me 1 laptop on the setup and it would be great to have it all on the same software.

I have 3 projectors when VJ'ing, i can expand the image over all 3 projectors using a Matrox Triplehead2go.
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    1x 4W RGB, Full diode (DT40 WIDE)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    1x ALC68 ArgonGasser with 8ch, PCAOM
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB