Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Wall

It was awesome.
    - instinct

Got my tickets for one of the London shows.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Show time in 5 hours and 40 minutes. Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. Bought my tickets 8 months ago.

Looking forward to a great night!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Show time in 5 hours and 40 minutes. Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. Bought my tickets 8 months ago.

Looking forward to a great night!
    Wow... Have a blast you lucky laserist.. Don't forget the Pats cheesesteak after....

~M

You know it! Rolling out the door now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    You know it! Rolling out the door now!!!
    How was it?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Well.... from a technological standpoint it was incredible. Studying everything with the staging, and execution of how things were done was facinating and of course the 5.1 surround sound was phenominal. It was an outdoor show so, everything was just simply bigger. I'd say the wall was about 500 feet long, if not a little longer and, with the outdoor shows they use 41 projectors in all. With the sound, the helicopter and other points where there were plane noises truly caused people to turn around and look. With the stadium being alongside Philadelphia International airport, planes were a regular sighting so, you'd almost wonder if it was real. The sound in general was amazing since there were speakers all over the stadium and it's basically a true surround sound (and feel!) experience.

The only issue for me is that while I like Pink Floyd (and I know this was just Roger), I don't have an emotional investment in "The Wall". I saw the movie on opening night many many years ago. I had the album not long after it came out. I've seen it performed well on amature stages. But, on the whole, I'm just not that into it. So, for me, it was kind of "just another concert." Anti-climatic to a degree as the first set had special effects, pyrotechnics etc. But, the second set was just rather tame. Even "Run Like Hell" was pretty lame and I've seen it as an encore number where you'd think the stadium itself might explode. No encore with this show but, the storyline doesn't led itself to it.

I kind of liken it to Lord of The Rings. I saw all three on opening night and they're technologically amazing but, I've just never been into the LOR story and probably couldn't bring myself to ever read the book.

You couldn't get within blocks of Pats or Geno's for a cheesesteak afterwards and the lines were crazy so, we skipped a 1 am feeding.