Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Latest version of QS ready for testing -- just before release

I would think there would only be so many points per second the Fb3 can handle at 1 time. Thus why the LD2K has it's own RAM system, the FB3 simply does not have the bandwidth or memory to parse frames faster than 30Kpps.

That's my theory anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I would think there would only be so many points per second the Fb3 can handle at 1 time. Thus why the LD2K has it's own RAM system, the FB3 simply does not have the bandwidth or memory to parse frames faster than 30Kpps.

That's my theory anyway
    Everybody can have a theory..
    You are trying to invoke answers from Bill...
    But your idea is in contradiction what Bill tells us.
    If it does not use points, the limitation would not be "K", or Kpps as Bill meant by this.

As we all know that the connection of the FB3 could be 448Mbps in an ideal condition.
    That makes it hard to determine where the FB3 limitations are. It could be they developed the "wheel" so to say.

And regarding the memory on the LD2000 .. it buffers frames.
    Why.. 11 years ago, not all computers were fast enough to handle everything.
    Which could be solved by caching frames.

But that's my theory
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 01-07-2011 at 00:13. Reason: small change

This is somewhat circular.

The FB3-QS can handle frame "points" (not that it uses them and thus equivolents) in excess of 60K, its stated on the Pangolin Web Site in the projector requirements:

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/powerful/.../hardware.html

Any limitation in QS is almost certainly down to its target market and thus a software restriction.

So far as 60k scanning goes, I think Norty hit the nail on the head, the main reason for buying true ie usually Cambridge 60k scanners is greater scan angle at 30k. Very few people run 60K scanners at 60K as most ILDA frames are designed to be displayed at 30K.

Therefore I'm failing to see why this is such as concern to Kenneth. He can certainly use 60K scanners with QS, its just he'll be running them at 30k with the ability to scan a wider angle should he require that.

As for frame display rate rather than pps rate, never under estimate the Fb3, this is one of my 30K frames displaying at 125 fps output!!

This one is included in the free download pack on the Pangolin Show Space web site btw: http://www.pangolinshows.com/top100_shows.html
    Last edited by White-Light; 01-07-2011 at 01:13.

Amongst my collection of projectors I have one that has a set of 'That Certain Company' "50k" scanners, they don't perform anywhere near another projector that has DT25k galvos.

Doing live shows, mainly beam shows to be fair but with some scrim graphics work; I scan at a maximum of '25k', and for some effects I drop it right down to the minimum.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.