Thread: Crazy idea

Default Crazy idea

I was sitting back last night with a glass of Shiraz and had this crazy idea. I thought I would bounce it off you guys.

Imagine a laser project setup in a dark room (maybe a garage) facing a web cam. The web cam is available via the net and also provides a UI for driving the projector, running a fogger etc.

I am not sure how useful this would be or for what purposes, but it would be cool to try.

Imagine being able to tinker with laser shows while your traveling, from the comfort of your hotel room... This could be a neat marketing angle for someone like Pangolin etc, try it out live from anywhere...
    This space for rent.

I don't know, the simulators in pro laser soft are usually pretty good and you see the results instantly without lag. What beneits do you see in doing it your way other than neat-o factor?

Leaving a fogger turned on (ie., hot) while you're away is a great way to come home to a burnt-out house.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I don't know, the simulators in pro laser soft are usually pretty good and you see the results instantly without lag. What beneits do you see in doing it your way other than neat-o factor?
    None I guess. It was just a crazy vino inspired idea...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Leaving a fogger turned on (ie., hot) while you're away is a great way to come home to a burnt-out house.
    Not if the fogger is mains controlled via the web interface.
    This space for rent.

Not if the fogger is mains controlled via the web interface.
    But what if the connection fails after it is turned on? What would your safety net be?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchik View Post
    But what if the connection fails after it is turned on? What would your safety net be?
    Next door neighbour?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchik View Post
    You forget that I am an embedded systems engineer. Of course I would implement a time-out function.
    This space for rent.

Well, there you go. I should have known better, sorry about that Dnar!