Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Laserman532

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    2,433

    Default Laserman532

    Recently picked up a pretty large item that Pat had for sale, It was packed excellent and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the beamer I really appreciate you digging out the documents as well. This is going to be fun.

    John
    leading in trailing technology

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Recently picked up a pretty large item that Pat had for sale, It was packed excellent and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the beamer I really appreciate you digging out the documents as well. This is going to be fun.

    John
    enjoy You should have seen the system it came out of, full color 7 watt white light dual sp168 lasers ar/kr system with 3 fiber optic remotes...a great system in its day (1989) and made me a huge bucket of money...and now it is yours Im still looking for the documentation on the galvo driver card (not too hopeful tho). Thanks!
    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Thats about where I landed at what it was doing after reading all the docs. I plan to just use the 25p out to some relays and voltage regs to modulate. Was really cool to see how it went to that galvo amp, and the actuator cards in the orig head.

    Thanks again. The joy of seeing schematics like I grew up with that actually work, make sense and you can troubleshoot has been great.

    If you ever come across an original touch panel that was built for this system keep me in mind. While simple to replicate I'd love to have the look of the original.

    thanks again.

    Also wanted to add that Pat has been a great source for parts, modules, mirrors, mounts, knife edge kit etc
    Last edited by polishedball; 10-29-2010 at 19:31.
    leading in trailing technology

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    the touch panel we used was called a Touchlight 12 by Zero 88 Ltd. in the UK if I recall. Do you have the Touch panel input "pin call out" to my controller? It should be in the docs i sent, if not let me know i can try to track it down.
    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    the touch panel we used was called a Touchlight 12 by Zero 88 Ltd. in the UK if I recall. Do you have the Touch panel input "pin call out" to my controller? It should be in the docs i sent, if not let me know i can try to track it down.
    Yep looks pretty straight forward, you provided 15V and dig grd to controller and it pulled an input to an and gate high when selected. The docs are great, looks like you modded the lines that supplied voltage to the panel chaning a couple pins.

    i'll do a search on that panel, curious what it looked like even if i never find one for sale.

    is this the panel?
    leading in trailing technology

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Yep looks pretty straight forward, you provided 15V and dig grd to controller and it pulled an input to an and gate high when selected. The docs are great, looks like you modded the lines that supplied voltage to the panel chaning a couple pins.

    i'll do a search on that panel, curious what it looked like even if i never find one for sale.

    is this the panel?
    yep thats the one
    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •