Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freaknight 2010 a big night for Lasers Saturday Oct 30th

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    I forgot more than just you and Zack, I'm just still frazzed from it all.
    No prob man. I was just giving you shit. I'm still frazzed too and I only did 16 hours.

It was great to meet u too. I'm sure it won't be long and our paths will cross again. Everyone Rick had working with him were all great people.

The Viasho 4W I never even got to see before it died.... I was amazed it actually arrived on time before the gig. I thought "Great! One less thing for Rick to worry about." Wrong.... Promoters don't seem to have much of a sense of humor about "Oops.....it's brand new but it just went *poof* and now it's dead". I hope Viasho makes it right with Rick. That was about the worst possible time / place for a new laser to die.

Gene

Wow, so was there a particular reason you managed to kill so much stuff on this gig?

It was the maiden voyage for my quads... and I think it is a bad idea to run a quad of blues in series off of a single P3 driver. I think that's what killed the blue diodes... I had no time to test them before the show cause i had to build or modify 6 projectors from monday to thursday... and spent all day friday setting up for 3 shows, I would have built them all sooner, but the promoter gave me no deposit so I had to wait til i got paid the weekend before to get everything... Trial by fire.... lol... As for the brand new green dying, no clue... Frank shipped out a new one to me today, and i'm sending his back.. so when he figures out what happened i'll let you all know...

Whatever it was that caused the diodes to die, Rick maybe holds the world record for swapping out a dead diode for a working one and having the projector back up and working. 15 mins total I think it was. From taking the projector off the stand to having it back up and running. And that is counting the time it took to pack the projector from one side of the venue to the other - twice.

Reminded me of a NASCAR pit stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Freaknight way too much fun!!! And just when I thought I had seen most everything, a 16' tall guy on stilts showed up.
    Make that 16' stilts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 foot tall guy 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	20733

hey rick-

REAL dumb question and im sure you obviously checked this, but you sure it didnt just thermal out? (temp overheat and shut off). Did you turn the power off and let it sit for a min or 2 before you pronounced it dead? (im talking about the 4W green).

just curious.

anyway, shows looked great. good work! i give you ALOT of credit for doing a show witohut a deposit. i learned my lesson with that. No deposit, no show.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Yep... it's dead... Frank already shipped another one out to me that I should get in the next couple of days...

Was it Pangolin control throughout?

Who did the room with the 2 big greens either side of the RGB? I think they take the show as far as the videos are concerned. Are they the 4W ones?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Was it Pangolin control throughout?

Who did the room with the 2 big greens either side of the RGB? I think they take the show as far as the videos are concerned. Are they the 4W ones?
    I know stage 1 and 3 were all Pangolin. Not for sure what was running stage 2.

The big greens were stage 2. The RGB was Matt's laser and everything else was Rick's if I'm not mistaken.

all pangolin, all stages, all the time. LOL!

and that laser was simply dead