Thread: TEC heatsinking in addition to baseplate?

Default TEC heatsinking in addition to baseplate?

I just bought an aluminum baseplate with dimensions of 1 foot x 2 feet x 3/8 inch. I'm going to use TECs for each diode block with the TEC sandwiched between the diode block and the baseplate. I will be driving 1 445nm diode @ 500mA and 2 (eventually 4) 660nm LPC-815 diodes at whatever the max safest current is. Will the baseplate provide adequate heatsinking? Should I drill some holes in my baseplate and add a fan near each TEC? I have no idea what TECs I will be using, but I know they'll be small (15mm x 15mm).

I'm driving my 445's with ~750mA just using Aixiz holders in Laserman532 mounts bolted to a small ally riser and then the baseplate and they run fine without tecs

I was planning on doing that, but I'm using dave's diode mount blocks (http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...lock-group-buy.) so I can't electrically isolate the diodes from the mounting blocks. Instead I planned to isolate each diode block by using a TEC. If there's a different way to electrically isolate the mounting blocks from the baseplate without compromising thermal conductivity, let me know.