Thread: Frank.... YOU did this to me!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Frank.... YOU did this to me!

Why did I EVER drive down to SELEM in the first place??? Geez...

Uh... my latest aquisition....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%253D&viewitem=

~Brad

hah, its in Miami Beach too probably from some nightclub... they tend to come and go quickly on South Beach... thats one of the Luma Laser tables, I saw it on ebay but dont need another table

it looks like it has a crystalfontz LCD on it too with the directional keys

ex
    http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA533-TMI-KC.html

wonder what they are using that for

soooo what are you going to put in it?

Well, I'm already looking into the beamshaper modules. It sounds like they (these lasers) come new these days with at least one and, this one can contain two. As far as power, I honestly don't know. 300mW is "supposed" to be o.k. for a medium sized venue but, c'mon, aren't we all on a quest for more power? That's where people such as yourself with more expertise, come in. I'm open to suggestions.

This is a classic, "don't know what the hell I just bought but... it should be cool, can't wait for it to get here so I can check it out" situation.

ya I have no idea what a "beam shaper" module is... one of my ML-10's has a pair of barrel connectors on the table that nobody can tell me what they are for... but they are triggered by two of the "missing" dmx channels (think 10 & 11??)

I say put a 445 in there, small, cheap, nice color... maybe with a 532 too if you want to get exciting.... a watt of 445 is so cheap there is no reason not to... and green is fairly inexpensive... and very visible... maybe like 500mw??

I thought about adding red to my tables but its barely visible unless you have tons of power so it seems not worth it

I plan on adding 2W of 445 to my tables along with the 2W of 532 they have in there already... I keep thinking about changing out the Melles Griot for a chinese laser since the head and power supply are fricken HUGE to add more space on the one table.... dunno...

I cant spend any more money for a long time... I still have not recovered from making my RRGBB... been on a strict diet of ramen noodles and tap water (I wish I wasn't kidding)

and actually $1200 is a really good deal, I paid $1500 for my ML-10's and that was considered an excellent deal... and they are not nearly as fancy as that thing

Frank we will blame you for this also, I picked this up from pat to play with after seeing yours.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=beamer
    leading in trailing technology

Thumbs up

I wondered who was going to buy that beam-table from Pat. I have to admit, it's damned sexy! I wish I could have afforded it...

Will be very cool to see what you do with it. Any chance of seeing it next summer at SELEM 2011?

Adam

Wow! That IS an impressive looking mass o' laser goodness!

Frank - it will be in my hands only a short while before it heads up the Garden State Parkway for a visit to Marc for some hands on analysis as to what we can put in it. He's thinking the same way you are with a mix of blue and green for an argon look. I'm just along for the ride on this one - I'll leave those decisions to the masters.

I found out that new, these things seem to be around $8k so, I'm thrilled with the deal at this point.

i really depends on $$$ and space inside the projector...

if you were to put 1~2W of 532 and 2~w of 445 in there it would be bitching!