Thread: Alesis ADATs

Default Alesis ADATs

I have a friend who is a physician and musician with a small recording studio. He mentioned to me that he would be selling 3 ADATs that he is no longer using now that he records to a hard drive. I told him I would mention it here to see if there was any interest. I don't have all the details you probably need like price, time on the heads etc. but I will get the details. He is not quite ready to sell as he needs to copy some of his adat tapes to hard drive before he sells them. So I guess my question is that with this vague description, is there any interest here if the details seem good?

Oh, Steve mentioned he might be interested in one so it's possible that there may be only 2 available.
    Phillip Porch, MD, FACS

Lightbulb

Put me down for 1 pending price. I always seem to miss them on eBay.

Can you get any pics?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I just spoke to Tom and he said that he had 1 Blackface and 1 XT that is working. He has one Blackface that is not working and would just be useful for parts. He will bring me some pictures to post and I'll try and nail him down on a price.
    Phillip Porch, MD, FACS

does the non-working blackface power up? like is it electrically broken, or just tape mechanism broken?

Default Details

I'll get more details tomorrow when I see him. I'll try and post photos and all the details I can. I forwarded him the question on the non-working one.
    Phillip Porch, MD, FACS

Pity this is the "wrong" side of the puddle 4 me !
    If anyone buys the broken one please PM me since I need some "bits".

Cheers

Default Update

I spoke with my friend yesterday. He said he was going to try and start up the non-working adat to try and determine if the problem was electrical or not. I asked him what he thought he would be asking price wise and he thought $250. I'll update you with more details or if you would rather just email him directly, his name is Tom Holzen and his email is tom@theporch.com.

He said he would send me some pictures soon.
    Phillip Porch, MD, FACS