Thread: 1W+ 532 module shortlist

Default 1W+ 532 module shortlist

Hi All

I've been toying with starting a bigger RGB project, probably starting with a dual 445 homebuild module at ~1.5-2W and a 532nm module at ~1.5W

Red will come when they get a bit cheaper.... :S

So I'm trying to shortlist suppliers for a reaonably priced 532 (in the region of £1/mW or less). Analogue modulation.
    So far I've got:
    Laserwave (have already owned 6 of theirs)
    CNI
    Vaisho
    Lasever
    Ultralasers

Anyone else I should consider?

Also, I'm in the UK, and would like a dealer/distributor local to me. I've had some warranty returns in the past and the value of not shipping abroad every time has shown itself.

Are there even any UK/European CNI dealers?
    Last edited by norty303; 11-03-2010 at 09:32. Reason: updated shortlist

I just got a brand new Lasever 1w 532nm, very good price @850$ another user made a review of that module here on the forum, quick delivery well packaged.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...lasever+review

Might be worth giving Shawn (Ultralasers) a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post

I would second that, he seems like a nice guy (but make sure you ask for analogue mod and mention response linearity).

Cheers

PS.
    Hey Adam, I am curious about these future "cheap" REDS do you have secret info or is it just a lot of patience ?
    Last edited by catalanjo; 11-03-2010 at 06:46. Reason: Red

Default lasers

looks like your stuck with laserwave i do not know of any uk dealer for cni or vaisho
    there is a couple of pro companys that sell but i would not go there with thier prices
    you might find an eu dealer with reasonable prices
    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Hi All

I've been toying with starting a bigger RGB project, probably starting with a dual 445 homebuild module at ~1.5-2W and a 532nm module at ~1.5W

Red will come when they get a bit cheaper.... :S

So I'm trying to shortlist suppliers for a reaonably priced 532 (in the region of £1/mW or less). Analogue modulation.
    So far I've got:
    Laserwave (have already owned 6 of theirs)
    CNI
    Vaisho

Anyone else I should consider?

Also, I'm in the UK, and would like a dealer/distributor local to me. I've had some warranty returns in the past and the value of not shipping abroad every time has shown itself.

Are there even any UK/European CNI dealers?

Hey Adam, I am curious about these future "cheap" REDS do you have secret info or is it just a lot of patience ?
    Patience.

Everything gets cheaper over time (usually!) and who knows what is just around the corner... I'd like to go with 640 really, and there may be a usable high(er) power red diode come along in the meantime.

In the interim, I quite like the idea of a 'fake' Argon centrepiece that is really 'punchy' against my RGB's

Thanks for all the advice (and offers I've received!) in fact if you sell any suitable candidates, drop me a PM with some pricing, I'm going to need to start comparing whats what at some point.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    I second this idea plus ~~ask Shawn about a red coming soon ~~ customer service +++
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

I bought a 1W LaserWave and have been very happy with it... it puts out around 1.5... closer to 1.6W after 15 mins or so...

price/performance and reliability really goes to laserwave