Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mac OS X : using Pangolin softwares?

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cynikal View Post
    i don't have virtualbox, but per this thread, http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtop...art=45#p118867 you can create a image file from the raw device that corresponds to the bootcamp partition, just make sure that the /dev/disk portion of the command matches your system (you can use the hdiutil pmap command (you may need to run it via sudo) to verify that's the right parameter for your commands).. if anything PM me if you need clarification on anything
    Nice one!

I love our Mac Support on PL.

I'm afraid I just installed XP direct to a VM image.. so have not had the boot camp experience.

I'd be interested to see how people think Virtualbox performs.. I find it very quick but then I've got 4Gb of ram, so the machine is fairly quick as it is.

Here are a few issues I've run into:

USB connect, sometimes cludges on startup of the machine, but you're able to disconnect and reconnect your FB3 (or whichever USB device you maybe having issues with) from the Virtualbox window (right hand side, you get icons relating to your devices).. disconnecting and re-connecting seems to help.

I've never had any USB issues with VB during a show..

Weirdly enough I found that I get the most relyability from the USB port on the Left hand side (or was it right hand side.. ) - My assumption was that the single ports on the left hand side of the MacBook has something different about it to the duel ports on the other side. (Power supply or etc) .. just an observation.

I have however read threads on PL about people having issues with FB3 and the USB ports, so I don't think it's just Mac specific.

Cheers all!

N.
    Last edited by gashead; 12-24-2010 at 00:16.

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    Weirdly enough I found that I get the most relyability from the USB port on the Left hand side (or was it right hand side.. ) - My assumption was that the single ports on the left hand side of the MacBook has something different about it to the duel ports on the other side. (Power supply or etc) .. just an observation.
    i don't remember exactly where (so this thread may be a little pointless) but the internal addressing of which usb port you're connected to may matter, in that after you initially connect the dac, your config files or something will cache that device path/address adn something may be off if you use a different port.. again i can't recall exact context in which i read this, but maybe someone knows the details of this (sorry i just woke up lol, nice having the day off from work