Thread: Easylase II usb and dll files to make it work with other software

Default Easylase II usb and dll files to make it work with other software

So i just got my new easylase II usb to replace my ishow dac.

I have Spaghetti software currently installed and this works out of the box.

I also got a hold on to the games from zoof and they do not work straight away so i did some digging on how to get this to work.

From the user manual, page 8 section 2.3 refers to "Use new DLL with older software" which covers some of the information.

On the cd it contains the folders:
    Driver (default driver files)
    EasyLase II as EasyLase 1 (contains EasyLase.dll)
    EasyLase II as Netlase (contains NetLase.dll)
    Jmlaser DLL (contains jmlaser.dll)
    MambaDriver (contains jmlaser.mld)

(LDS Nano will not work with easylase, it only supports EasyLase LC)

From the manual there is a special Note for Mamba (i downloaded the mamba demo files but am unsure if these do only screen output or will support the easylase using the mjlaser.mld file also)
    Mamba does not need a specific name of the DLL. So you can use the file "Jmlaser.mld" and rename the one in the mamba folder.

I will be testing this soon but wanted to share the homework for other easylase users and hopefully get some feedback.
    I will also try to get ishow to work with easylase because it has some cartoons and effects that i do not have in spaghetti.

Michel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Users Manual EasyLaseUSB_II.pdf 
Views:	10 
Size:	921.1 KB 
ID:	20953

update 1 : make zoof games work with easylase II

This is for the games like "world3d, zoofscope, laseroids, originallaserart and laserpong".

first i copied the "easylase II to work as easylase I" easylase.dll, which was provided on in the driver section on the easylase II cd, to the game folder overwriting the existing easylase.dll file.
    Ran the game but no success. Saw a quick flash of a dos box but it was gone before i could read it.

I started the game from a dos prompt to see the error messages and appearantly i was missing another dll file named FTD2XX.dll, i copied another easylase.dll file and renamed it to FTD2XX.dll and now it works ok.

Michel

Update 2 : make ishow work with "EasyLase II"

no luck so far, there doesn't seem to be a .dll file in the folder where ishow was installed in. Probably it only supports the provided dac.

I checked the setup files and it uses a usb driver named "Cypress General Purpose USB Driver(ezusb.sys)" but this is a .sys file.

There is also a "Lhloader.sys" file and a configuration file named "sklight".
    No usefull info here.

started regedit and searched for ishow, found no reference to a dll file or so.

Update 3 : HE Laserscan 4
    downloaded the installation from the site, no demo version availlable, don't have a
    dongle so it will possibly do nothing.
    After installing i could play around and found in the "Windows, options, hardware" menu reference to "NetLase1" support.

From the EasyLase driver folder i found "EasyLase II as Netlase" "Netlase.dll" file so it should be possible to run HE Laserscan 4 on the EasyLase II.

Checked the installation folder, didn't see the netlase.dll file so i copied it there, did find the jmlaser.dll file and this is also a name used for replacent of easylase dll.
    copied the jmlaser.dll file from the folder "C:\Users\name\Downloads\EasyLase II usb\Jmlaser DLL" to the installation folder of HE Laserscan_IV.
    Started the software, did'nt get any message about a dongle missing, also didn't get any error messages but as expected no output.
    So the test ends here.