16. You may not vote on this poll
  • concrete intrest , funds at the ready

8 50.00%
  • willing to smoke a CC for atleast one diode

8 50.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intrest in 635nm diodes....

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    ....without selling body parts to fund a project.

NOOOOO!!! I've already sold everything I had double

Update coming soon...something good to hear......stay tuned
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

keeping my fingers crossed and waiting

Thumbs up Hi Mike

Something good I want to hear......
    So I stay tuned

Cheers
    Ed
    PS I want more RED

I think I need my money back from Andy.. This is looking like a winner.
    Thanks ME3 --

HMike

isn't c-mount delicate to use and sensitive to dust etc ?

I'd be interested to see test results with and without FAC.

a stripe will lend itself more to knife edging for stupid power setups..
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

OK here are some results from testing today with a 250um strip diode at 635nm. The beam was easily focused to a square of 5 x 5 mm and had a divergence of near 2.8 mrads. I have no problem in using such a diode with the exception of the large size of the beam...my eyes are sore from specular glares. I have gotten basically the same results in testing several lenses...all single achro's and a couple of PCX's. I have a convex/concave lens.....no documentation that works a little better with a PCX lens...little smaller beam result. I am apprehensive about doing a GB as the results are not going to be a killer small diameter beam as a few are sticklers for. The diode involved with the GB will have a smaller chip size at 100um width and should yield better results. One other caveat is that I have not dealt with this manu before.. a lot of funds to wire to someone. I wanted to post some results first to see who has comments. It may be a better route to go with 642nm quad setups for the best beam profile with no doubt .4 of the 642nm 150mw diodes should get a nice >500mw out the door with a killer beam spec. Then add in 1 watt of 660nm with your Semrock...This is not going to happen with the 635...unless you unload a pile of cash for optics...and can take a high percentage of losses. However 1 watt of 635 seems to match up with 750mw of 532 and 1.2 watts of 445nm to produce a nice white I have been told. I am speaking from a graphics point of view here...with beam shows only this would not be much of an issue. I have went out late last night on a call and now have begun other testing...and not too late tonight for sure. This diode will not be an instant cure for a red solution....it will take some work on your part to finish up the cooling and optics...TEC is not an option to be not used with any laser as I see it...that is if you want your diode to live comfortably and live a good long life. Here are a few pics I took today looking at the diode chip and the FAC lens....and a pic of the red LOC facet. The first pic is test fixture at idle current...#2 is the facet..#3 is the LOC red with a case of COD...#4 is the facet area again showing FAC. I am just not certain that this will be the best method of getting at a nice red. The 642 has spoiled me. And I do not have the sample yet. It may be a week or more since it was sent standard class. I am really leaning to the 642 thing....raw power is one thing...being able to control it is another....GRIN lens is worthless with this diode. I am perplexed now with my findings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0103.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	21425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0104.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	21426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0108.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	21427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0105.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	21428
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    isn't c-mount delicate to use and sensitive to dust etc ?

I'd be interested to see test results with and without FAC.

a stripe will lend itself more to knife edging for stupid power setups..
    Yes all laser dies are crazy to attract dust to the facet when powered up...and then leave residue after it burns the particles...then the downward spiral begins. Death ot hte diode usually follows soon. And one could end up with some nasty power levels...and a nasty correction optics bill.

ME3 ---
    I'm exhausted reading your post I'll read it again when I catch my breath.........

Thanks -- HMike

Wow -- thanks for the testing. I was hoping my GRIN would make this a winner.
    Otherwise, a diverging / converging expander (~3X) seemed appropriate.
    I'm leaving this GB up to you and thanks for your honesty.
    Last edited by Hemlock Mike; 11-13-2010 at 15:30.

Default 635nm

Oh we'll thanks for trying, I wonder what lasever do with their reds to get. Results? ?